20. PAST AND PRESENT

|ꜱᴏʟᴀʀɪꜱ |

。・:*:・゚★ 。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★ 。・:*:・゚☆

"Where did you hide that one?" Nat asked as she flipped some switches on the Jets control panel that started it up.

I looked down at my suit as I answered. "Well, the whole point of being a shield agent is to blend in, this would have a bit too much attention." I mean, there's a solar beam from the actual sun involved.

Steve wore an outfit that was red, white and blue with stars and stripes. Like the American flag.

Which is probably why his code name is Captain America. If I'm being honest it was a bit too flashy.

And bright.

My stomach was in knots the entire flight to the city. I didn't know if I could do this. The Quinjet was invisible as we hovered over the crowd of people Loki had made kneel in front of him. How is it that during the time we took to get here he has already got a bunch of people shaking with fear.

I watched the scene unravel and suddenly felt even more sick to my stomach. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. What happened to my brother? The kid who I played and trained with on Asgard?

"You okay?" Steve asked after noticing the sicken look on my face. I forced down the lump in my throat.

"Yeah." I think my voice gave away my fear. How can I convince myself I was fine when I wasn't?

"You two should get down there," Nat told us from her seat as co-pilot.

Steve shook his head. "Not yet."

"Look to your elder people. Let him be an example." Loki addressed the crowd of people kneeled at his feet, he held up his staff and pointed it at an old man, the only one brave enough to stand up to him.

"Now?" I questioned Steve anxiously.

He nodded. "Now." He jumped down from the Jet and landed in front of the man, just in time, holding up his shield to block the attack. I wanted to jump down with him but my feet stayed glued to the Quinjet.

The blast of energy reflected off his shield and went back to Loki which knocked him down to his feet.

"Rory, you alright?" Nat asked me since I didn't go down with Steve.

I heaved out a breath as I looked down. I didn't want to do this, I didn't want to fight my brother.

"You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing." said Steve as he stood and walked towards Loki.

"The soldier," Loki said, using his staff to stand up. "The man out of time."

"I'm not the one who's out of time."