9. LOKI

|ꜱᴏʟᴀʀɪꜱ |

。・:*:・゚★ 。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★ 。・:*:・゚☆

"Heimdall! Open the Bifrost!" Thor yelled up into the sky. I step beside him, looking up into the sky for some sign of the Bi-frost. Nothing.

Thor looks at us with concern. "He would open it if he could. I fear the worst."

Hogun sighed, "Then we are stranded here."

Fandral sighed. "Then I suppose we'd best start settling into our new lives."
He looks at Darcy and turns on the charm. "Are all earth maidens as fair as you?"

Darcy smiled, enjoying the attention. "No."

Thor shouts back up to the sky. "Heimdall!"

Suddenly, the Bifrost explodes down from the sky. Thor grins. The mortals look on amazed. Fandral turns to Darcy. "Sorry, my love." He apologized. "These things happen."

We all stepped into it and with final goodbyes we were sucked in. Taken up and away.

The entire ride up I was shaken with nerves. We would have to take down Loki. Our brother, my big brother. The one who would read me bedtime stories, prank Thor with me to cheer me up from my nightmares.

I didn't know whether I had the stomach for that.

As soon as we landed, I put aside those thoughts. "Get him to the healing room!" I yelled at Sif, Kilorn, Hogun and Fandral. Volstagg was badly hurt, how could he not be? "Leave our brother to us."

Thor and I rushed out of the observatory, and without a word flew towards the palace. God's, I hope we're not too late.

Thor and I broke through the doors of Fathers chambers, clearly interrupting something. Father seemed safe lying in his bed, Laufey and two Jotuns were dead. Mother regarding Loki with pride and respect. They both turned at our appearance and mother looked stunned and delighted to see Thor. Mother beams.

"Thor!"

She moves to Thor and hugs him, happy to see her son. "I knew you'd return to us." She reached an arm out to me and smiled brightly.

"Why don't you tell her?" Thor said to Loki while I stayed on mother's side. "How you sent the Destroyer to kill our friends? To kill Aurora. To kill me?"

Mother turned to give me a surprise and confused look. "What?" All I could do was give her a nod in answering. I didn't really know how to respond to that. I mean how do you really tell your mother that her son tried to kill her other two children? Mother looks at Loki alarmed and confused.

"It must have been enforcing Father's last command."

"You are a lying, cheating scum!" I yelled at Loki as I left Mother's side to Thor's.

"I didn't mean to hurt you Aurora."

Part of me wanted to believe that he was telling the truth. I hoped he was. But honestly even if he didn't intentionally try to murder me, I would be the only one in his way. Because he knows, and I know, that I would have stopped him.