Ch. 6 School is Boring

Hey guys back with chapter 6!!

This one is going to be fun to read guys!
Also if you are a new reader or you only read one of the chapters I highly recommend you read every chapter.. You will miss extremely important a things and you WILL become lost in this story if you don't read all the chapters!

Alrighty then now that I've said the you can go on and enjoy the story!!

*********************************

Chapter 6: School is Boring

*Naomi's POV

School is school... It's become very boring and not fun at all.. When ever I go in the hallway I am always stared at not in a hot way but the look like 'look at the freak' type of look.

It's almost half way through 5th grade... I just want this to be over with... I want it to be summer again so I can play my guitar and have people say that I did a good job.. Oh how I wish it was summer but no it's stupid February..

"Naomi is everything alright you seen upset?" Ms. Harpy said as she examined my facial expression

"Huh? What?! I'm fine. Pff" I say as I blow my bangs away.

"Ok how about be take a break and go out side? Huh? I'll bring a guitar form the music room and you can play it!" She said and she wiggled her eyes brows. It made me giggle and I nodded. So as she went to get the guitar I got up and started to make my way to the court yard where we usually sit for lunch.

On my way to the elevator I heard a lot of people go silent as I walked by.. It was like I was a freakin' animal in a zoo. Oh look at the rare thing.. News flash I'm the same as you I just have problems....

Yeah problems...

I pressed the elevator button and the elevator soon made a ding noise. I walked in and was about to press the close button but someone from all the other side down the hallway yelled "HOLD THAT ELEVATOR!"

I stuck my crutch in the door and held it open and a boy with shaggy brown hair stepped in... He was carrying what looks like a box full of heavy books. "Hey! I'm Zach sup!" He said as he looked down at me with a smile. "Hi, I am Naomi. I'm good how about you" I said shyly..

"I'm song great! And no need to be shy I'm a nice guy!" Zach said with smile and left as the door opened. "see ya around!" He said as waved and walked away.

"O-okay!" I said and I looked at his back as he walked away.

What's gotten into me. Did I just make a friend? Or not? Oh well I better get to the court yard become Ms. Harpy get worried.

As I expected she was waiting there for me with the guitar. She also brought down some books and our lunches.. I guess class is going to be taught outside...

I sat down and Ms. Harpy handed me the guitar. I strummed it.. Oh boy was it off tune.. After I fixed it and starring playing the guitar. I feel so at peace when I play the guitar. It's like I am in another world.

After I finished my song and opened my eyes to see my teacher crying..
"What do you call that song Naomi?" She said while wiping away the tears..

"I call it Drifting in the Dark. I haven't come up with any lyrics yet but I hope too soon!" I said with pleasant smile.

"Okay let's eat shall we?" Ms. Harpy said as she fumbled through her lunch box.

We both sat there under the tree and ate our lunch after that we studied and studied. Lessons after lesson.. It was really tiring but I got through it somehow...

The next dat was the same routine minus the guitar.. And the next day after that
Same
And the day after that
Same..
It was just one big boring cycle...

It was soon summer... And with that I moved on to 6th grade.

I thought I had the summer off but nope I was wrong... I had summer school. It was pushed forward by my dad... I guess my grades in school weren't that good.. But I was okay with it it was better than doing nothing.. The only thing that was torturous was when sports training began. I saw all if those people running and jumping sprinting... Man do I wish I could do that.. But no I can't.. And it sucks...

School soon started and 6th grade was just a repeat of 5th grade same teacher same room the only thing different was the things she taught.. Everything else the same... But this year I had to take all the tests everyone else took every year mid terms and finals..

I studied harder that I had ever done before because Ms. Harpy said that if I get into the top 50 students in the finals I can be in a normal class! So that's why I am more motivated than ever! I want to be normal!! Please just let me have this one thing! For now anyway.

Time flew by my 11the birthday here and gone same with thanks giving and Christmas.

Mid-terms..

As the test was handed to me I felt confident and I make every answer with the correct answer in my mind. Mid-terms week so came to a close.

"Hello students your ranking in the Mid-terms is are posted on the floor of each grade! So go check it out! That concludes this announcement." The intercom then cuts off and goes silent..

I get up to go look and Ms. Harpy stops me from going out there. " sweetie why don't you wait a little while before you go out there I don't want you to get pushed around out there you know?"

"Ok.. I guess.." I said a I slummed back down in my chair..

*********************************

The bell rang signaling the end of the day..
I got up and made my way to the door opened it and slowly crutched my way over to where everything was posted..

Naomi
Naomi
Naomi
Naomi

I thought to myself as I ran my finger across the paper of scores while walking down the hallway.
Found it Naomi Taylor..
"What? Why?! 197th out of 197..." I said quietly to myself...
This isn't fair... Why? I am really that stupid... I mean come on... There are awards in my house that say Valedictorian with my name engraved into it..
All I could do was weep. I slowly collapsed on the ground feeling helpless and stupid... "Am I ever going to be able to be normal?" I said aloud.

----------END OF CHAPTER 6---------
What do you guys think? Leave some feedback don't be shy!

See you in the next chapter! ^^

March 26th 2015