Ch. 22 The Bet

Hello! Welcome back to yet another chapter of 'Do you remember?'. I really hope you guys are enjoying this so far and I know I have said this in the past but please read all chapters so you as a reader can understand the plot of the story, because I will reference chapters that were in the last in future chapters so please be mindful about that! I want you guys to understand this story fully! ^^ Anyways, enjoy Chapter 22!

*********************************

Naomi's POV

It's morning, probably 6:45am.

Once dressed in my track uniform and out in my braces with help from the nurse. She straps them on really tight.

"Can you loosen them a little please?" I ask.

"Oh are they too tight?" She asked.

"Yes they are." I said grimacing.

"Okay." The nurse said. She then I tightened them a little. Not much though. I can even bend my legs.

"You know what let me do this." I said basically pushing the nurse away.

I take the braces off and let the color regain in my skin. I then put the braces back on a adjust them to me.

"Much better. I will be doing my leg braces for now on." I said the to nurse.

I grab my bag that is packed with some towels and my sweat band. I know I'm not running but just incase.

I make it down to the lobby where there is a big buffet waiting there. There are people at the front if the door and they are blocking it off.

"Can I get through please?" I asked.

"Breakfast doesn't start until 7:30 am. It's only 7:10 now. I'm sorry but you will have to wait." The staff person said.

"Oh okay." I said as I decided to wait patiently.

"Hello there stranger." I voice said from behind.

"Uh hello." I said as I turned around.

"Oh! Hey! Jared what's up!" I exclaim recognizing him.

He laughs a responds with "I am great now! I didn't know you were in the track team even with your disabilities. I give you serious applause for that."

"Aww thanx, I was actually recommended but the captain and co-captain to be put on the team." I said.

"Really? So you didn't even need to go through try-outs. wow. I wish that could have happened to me." He said as he crossed his arms.

Man is this guy a hottie. Shaggy blonde hair, grey eyes like mine, and in his track uniform it shows off all his muscles. I just can stop looking at him.

"What?" He said a as he makes eye contact with me. He then smirks and adds "You looking at me?"

"W-W-what no! Why would I do that?!" I exclaim.

Shit caught in the act.

He just laughs it off and says "It's okay, it happens to me too."

"You get stuck looking at yourself?" I ask.

"What?!" He said looking at me like I have two heads. He then laughs and says "No I meant I get stuck looking at you."

"Oooohhh." I said and then awkwardly chuckle.

We both laugh and joke around until people start showing up behind us waiting for food, we talk about our lives and joke around quietly until the staff let us through to eat.