Ch.10 Summer

Hey everyone!! I want you guys to know that I now have a second story that is going to be going up it's name is "The Tale Untold..." So go check it out please! It's a fantasy story! There is also a little bit if romance in there too!

Anyway let's get on with chapter 10!

*********************************
Chapter 10: Summer

*Naomi's POV

Another school year past here and gone. I am now going to be able to attend regular classes now! Make new friends! Finally start feeling, normal..

Ooh I can't wait only 2 months til school starts again.

I pull out marker and put an "x" over the date "June 26th".

I hear a loud banging noise coming from the kitchen so I creep down the hallway and look to see a cup of water thrown everywhere and my dad sitting by the table with his head down.. He looks very stressed and upset. He starts to get up and just leaves the house with out cleaning the mess he made.

3 hours later he comes back... He has a paper bag in his hand with what looks like is covering a bottle. He plops himself down on the couch and turns on the TV.

"Dad? Are you okay?" I ask as I peek my head around the corner... he just sits there not responding to my questions. Just staring into blank space.

"Dad?"

"WHA- *coughs* what do you need sweetie?" He said trying not to yell but clearly sounds irritated. I take a pause and then continue "are you okay?"

"Of course sweetie I'm fine......everything is fine." He says with a weak smile and then turns back to the TV.

----------------------

Every night is the same I cook my own meals. Not only for me but for my dad too. Not to mention he is basically never home... I have learned to manage getting around with my arm crutches and braces but it is still hard.

3weeks went by then 4, then 5. I really thought my summer was going to stay like this. One night there was absolutely nothing to eat. I was starving. There was also a period of time when my dad was gone for 4 days.. Not a single warning or message. I thought he abandoned me.

---------------

It was a nice sunny summer day in August, I was playing my guitar with the windows.
Strumming away my life problems and slipping into a reality I wish was real. I hear a voice call from the street "Naomi? Is that you?" There was a pause I didn't know if I should answer or not... "Hello Naomi Taylor? It us Zach and Kano!" I can't believe it! Maybe my summer isn't a bust after all.

"Yes it is me!" I say as I get up and make my way to the terrace to see the familiar faces that I missed so much. "It's nice to see ya!" I yelled.

"Same to you too" they both said in unison which made me giggle.

"Can we come up and hang? Or do you want to come out and hang with us?" Zach said as he cuffed he hands around his mouth.

"I can't really leave my house and my house is a bit of a mess an-"

"We can help clean it." Kano interjected.

"Huh?" I said

"what is your apartment number?" Kano yelled.

"Uh-uh-err... 289" I said wearily.

"See you in a minute" Zach said as they began to walk towards the building.

A few minutes later I got a knock on my door. I quickly sprayed frebreeze around the house so it would at least smell nice. I then rushed to open the door. Standing there was my friends, my only friends..