Ch. 25 The Big Day

Yo! What is up everybody! A lot of things have happened so far that are probably twisting you guys up a little but with your feelings. But, don't worry just keep reading and everything with eventually pan out, maybe.

*********************************

Naomi's POV

BRRRR---INNNNNGG!!!!!

It's that stupid loud alarm clock, I reach over and hit the button to shut that stupid thing up.

I turn over and sit up on the edge of the bed. I grab my leg braces and put them on. I then proceed to get up and find my jersey. I put in my jersey and shorts and walk into the bathroom.

Once there I braid my hair in my long tightly braided strand, and then wrap it into a bun shape, and bobby pin it in place. I look at myself in the mirror and throw on some light makeup. I grab my bag and walk out the hotel room.

As soon as I close my door someone calls out to me.

"Naomi!" I hear a voice yell.

"Yes?" I says as I look in the direction of the voice.

"What happened last night?" He said as he looked me in the eyes.

"Zach, nothing big happened. It was just dinner." I said to him, not wanting world war three on my hands.

"Really, tell me the truth Nao." Zach said as he crossed his arms.

"Fine, he kissed me, okay." I said, but I soon followed up with "but don't do anything rash, it was just a kiss, It doesn't mean anything, well, to me at least. So please Zach don't do anything." I said pleading with him.

"Fine, I won't, but you need to promise me something." Zach said as he pointed at me with his finger.

"What?" I asked as I set my bag on the ground.

"Promise me that you won't make a stupid choice and fall for a guy that will hurt you. Fall for someone who will care for you, and love you." Zach said as he looked at me with all seriousness.

"Uh, yeah, I promise, and where did this come out of all of a sudden." I ask dazed and confused.

"Just a lot of things are bottled up inside of me and they are about to burst. Plus I really care for you and I don't want to see you get hurt." Zach says as he pulls me into and embrace.

I hug him back. He then hugs me tighter.

Zach, why does this have to be difficult. I do like you, but I also like Kano, and then there's Jared. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I need to follow my heart, and what happens, happens. I will just have to hope that I can make it through it and try to save friendships.

He pulls away from the embrace and then looks down, and looks up. "Why do you have your bag? You aren't racing today? Wait are you!" He said with growing excitement.

"Yes I am, that's what coach said." I said as I picked up my bag.

"What competition?" He asked.

"The 1 mile relay race." I said as a big smile stretched across my face.

"Really! I am in that race too!" Zach said as a he continued to get more excited.

"What's all the commotion?" Kano said as he walk up to us.

"Nao is in the 1 mile relay race with us. I guess coach decided to replace Jacob with Naomi." Zach said as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"What?! Really?! When did this happen?" Kano ask getting excited.