Ch. 52 - Awkward Situation!

Naomi's POV

Staring out the window... blurry object pass my eyes as they still overflow with tears. It doesn't feel real...

In a matter of days... I went from happy to utterly empty.. I don't have anything left. What is my purpose? Will my life get better or will I keep getting knocked back down? I'm tired of it. I don't want to live.

'NAO!! no no no! Stay will me please-"

My mind filled with echoed words of a child in pain. I immediately gasped and pulled back from the window, subconsciously covering my ears.

"Baby? Are you okay?" I heard as I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I looked at her and blinked. "Y- yeah... I just... I just startled myself.." I mumbled as I looked back out the window and lowered my hands.

'We have the same lunch! Grilled cheese and tomato soup!'

I put my hand over my mouth my brows furrowing.

What is this? Where is this coming from? I ... I don't understand..

And in a flash had the same memory flush back into me... blue eyes...

Before I could piece my thoughts together I felt the car stop.

"Alright we are here." Said my new step dad.

New step dad....

Dad...

I looked down and teared up again.

My mom rubbed my shoulder. "We are here sweetheart.. let's go inside alright~" she hummed softly.

"It looks like your big step brother got here before us." Harry said as he got out of the car.

"Hopefully he got us a table." My mom said as she too got out of the car.

I soon follow suit and get out of the car. I slipped the note and picture into my pocket.

I slowly walk into the restaurant behind my mom and harry.. my head down..

"Dad! Hannah! Over here!" A voice said.

That voice is familiar. I slowly pick my head up.

My mom and harry walk forward and sit down... I stand there looking at the boy who called us over. He was laughing and greeting my mom.

"So where is my new little step siste-" he said as he looked up at me. He then froze too.

"Naomi?"

"J -Jared..." I stuttered looking at him.

"Oh you to know each other! Great!" My mom exclaimed happily.

Know each other.... he took me on a date and kissed me mom... MY NEW STEP BROTHER!

Totally awkward.

We both held the same expression. We were both anxious, flustered and now embarrassed.

Jared was the first to clear the silence. "Naomi after you." He said as he step aside for me to sit in the booth. I slowly walk past him and slide into the booth and sit down across from my
Mom. He then followed suit and sat next to me.

"So how-"

"Uh... Naomi.. I'm sorry about ... well.. your loss.." Jared said to me cutting off my mom without realizing it.

"Oh- um.. thank you... " I said my mind sunk back into the depressing hole.

"..." the table fell silent until the waiter came.