Chapter 37. Steady

Zach's POV

It's been about 3 months since they started dating. Watching them everyday hurts. I wish I was the one to kiss her, he her, be the one to hold her. Tch, but Kano is that person to her.
It June, school is out. I won't be able to see them as much, so that's a relief on my emotions, I guess. If only you knew, how much I truly care for you Naomi Taylor.

"Hey Zach wanna go skateboarding?" Kano asked as he nudged my shoulder.

I can't believe this guy, right after I put him in the hospital, he just went back to things as they were no hard feelings or anything. It's weird. I've been friends with him for a while but this just didn't feel like it should have happened.

"Uh, sure. Is Nao coming?" I asked.

"Nah, she has to get home." Kano replied a little sad.

"Oh gotcha." I said as I threw my bag over my shoulder. "Let's get going then."

"Yeah let's go." Kano said as he got up and grabbed his bag.

We walked from the track field to the skate park.

Man, in 5 days I am going to Hollywood high, (the 8th grade is apart of the high school) that's just crazy, all the memories I made here will just be in my head, I won't get reminded of them everyday. Sadness hung over me like a rain cloud.

"What's a matter Zach?" Kano called out.

"Huh? Oh, nothing just thinking." I said as I brushed off my lingering feelings.

"Don't think too hard or you'll get a stroke." Kano said jokingly.

Tch, I hope you get a stroke. I said in my head. I sighed. I don't really wish for that. I'm just jealous plain and simple.

We make it to the skate park and we go at it. For a good couple hours.

After a while we sit on a bench with ice cold water bottles. I hear a phone go off and I turn to see Kano looking at his cell phone screen smiling.

"What's the smile for? Nao texting ya?" I said as I took a sip and glanced at him.

"Uh. Yeah. She said she wanted to meet up." Kano said quickly not looking up at me. 

"Hmmm. Well then get going do keep her waitin." I said as I leaned back against the bench I lolled down to try and catch a glimpse of the contact name, but the screen went black be for I could see the name.

"Alright then I won't!" He said smiling widely. He stood up out his skateboard down and rolled away.

I watched him as he left. "Tch, that better be Naomi." I have a uneasy feeling about that. His reaction when I asked it it was Nao was weird.

I soon found my self just walking around the park, I grabbed a bite to eat at a taco truck and started walking home. While walking home I saw that kid Nao love listening too. He was in a huge billboard. "Hmph, man wouldn't that be nice to have my face in a billboard." I said to myself as I looked up at it with one hand in my pocket and the other holding my taco. I stood there looking at it for a while. I then looked down and straight forward and walked away from the billboard.

I scratched my head. I can't shake this feeling. I don't like it at all. Kano I want to stay friends with you, but if you screw up its your own damn fault.

*************************************

Naomi's POV

I can't believe it's coming up on Kano and I's 3 month mark. This crazy! I should try and do something special for him. Maybe make dinner? If give him those cookies he likes? Hhmmmm? Have no clue....

I walked out of my bedroom and into the kitchen, I was wearing my shorts and a tank top with fuzzy socks on. I grabbed a water bottle, and some pretzels and walked to the living room and turned in the TV. I flipped through the channels, I ended up watching something about the universe and how it's made, or something, it seems interesting enough.

I got comfortable on the couch and for the next couple hours I watched the space show.

Hmmm.... I looked over and saw a picture of me and my dad. I picked it up and looked at it. He never comes around anymore, I only see him late at night or early in the morning and that is even a rare occurrence, I haven't see him or heard from him in two weeks. Hmmm..... I should tell someone, but to be absolutely honest I really don't care.

I changed the channel and spot something about Sammie. I stop and watch it.

"This is the latest scandal yet! The Dunsworths and the Hamons' are going to be family?! Engagement of there children Charlotte and Sammie. I bet all the girls out there at home a fuming with rage and jealously."

You betcha I am! This has to be fake, I mean would he really be engaged at his age? Well rich families, explanation found.

"Well from what I heard Sammie denied all parts of that. He wants nothing to do with that, he says and I quote 'I am not engaged to Charlotte, me and her are childhood friends, I don't see her that way, and plus I like someone else.' I wonder who that lucky girl is?"

"So do I! this definitely brings up conversation!"

I munched on my pretzels as I watched the talk show. I can't believe that Sammie is engaged.. I remember when I saw him in person... Ugh, it was so nice, he was so nice....

'Crystal blue eyes'

Woah... I feel like I know those eyes... But how? I've never met him before that time at the park.... Hmmmm... Whatever...

What else is on?

I pick up the remote and flip through the channels yet again searching for something good to watch.

---------END OF CHAPTER 37 ---------
WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THIS CHAPTER?

Will Naomi find out why those eyes are so familiar?

What's with Kano? Where did he go?

What will Zach do?

Stay tuned for the next chapter!

Peace!