Chapter 61 :)

Y/n's Pov

My mother again. I look back at the Jacksons and say, "Sorry, one second and I will be right back." They all nod and smile at me. I smile back and then my smile immediately disappears as soon as I face my mother. We walk to the corner of the room and I say, "Speak, I was having a lovely conversation with the Jacksons for you to ruin it." My mother rolls her eyes and says, "No need to be rude." I say, "You deserve it now what do you want?" Mother says, "I talked to Quincy, he said I will be your business manager." I say, "No dad is and that is final. You are not handling any of my stuff i don't trust you. If anything happens to dad then I will pass it down to you but nothing is going to happen to dad anyways, so no. Why do you always feel the need to have control with everything I do?" My mother says, "You are my daughter and I am your mother. You're pathetic. I shouldn't even consider you as a daughter. You really are a disappointment. Benefiting of, off Michael to boost your career, you burden." I stand there with tears in my eyes. My mother storms off.

With that, i walk out of the back door and sit behind the wall crying. Why does she treat me that way? What did I do to her? The next thing i know is I see Janet and Michael on each side of me looking down. Michael says, "I will get you water baby." I nod. Michael leaves and Janet sits next to me and smiles, "Y/n, whatever she said, she is completely wrong about you. You got there on your own and you did amazing getting there. You really have star power and you work so hard. You are not a burden but a blessing." I smile and say, "Thanks Janet." Janet wipes my tears and says, "Hey don't cry, you look cuter when you are smiling." I giggle. Janet says, "Good. You do look beautiful from head to toe. My brother is a lucky guy." She rubs the back of her neck and straightens her blazer. We stare each other a bit but not for long as Michael comes back with two bottles of water and hands it to me and Janet. I smile and say, "Thank you, Mike." He smiles and kisses my cheek. Michael says, "What your mother said. You know the lady is jealous right? Don't let her get to you. You are my gift, my blessing, my being, my love and not a burden, alright?" I get up and hug Michael while kissing his cheek, "You're my daytime, my nigh-time, my world, Michael." I kiss him on the lips and then i hear someone clear their throat. Janet laughs and says, "I'm kind of hungry, y'all can finish that later but for now let's go and eat." Me and Michael laugh and we walk in hand in hand.

I grab some food from the buffet along with Michael and Janet and I decide to sit with my dad and sister, Leo and Michael. We all start eating and talking. Dad says, "I gave your mother a piece of my mind, don't you worry." I smile and say, "It's okay dad, not your fault or your problem." Michael says, "Seems like she really trying to get that position, hitting it off with Quincy." I look to the direction that Michael is looking and I see Quincy's arm around my mother while their both laughing. I roll my eyes, "Anyways, what do y'all think about my songs?" Dad smiles and says, "I don't like them...I love them. One of the best things I have heard in my life." I smile and say, "Ahh thank you, dad." Dad smiles at me. Leo says, "Imma be playing it in the car all the time, it's so good." My sister says, "Same here. I love it. One of my new faves!" I smile and say, "Thank you guys, I appreciate it." We continue to talk and eat for a bit.

After, I say, "Well, i am done, I need to talk to Quincy and then we can go out into the crowd!" Dad says, "Let's take some selfies with your little camera!" I smile and say alright. Leo hands me the camera and I take some selfies and Leo takes some pictures of us too! Dad says, "Well, I gotta head home to pack now. I love you and see you soon, chick." I smile and say, "Bye and I love you too dad." He kisses my forehead and says bye to everyone else. My sister says, "Well I am off, I gotta close of the boutique now. Imma buy your music right now too. I'll see you later sis, i love you also." I hug her and say, "Thanks for coming too and I love you too." Her and Leo says their goodbye and Leo heads through the back to get the car ready.