𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝟮𝟬. last words

CHAPTER TWENTYLAST WORDS( tw! mentions of suicide

CHAPTER TWENTY
LAST WORDS
( tw! mentions of suicide. just a
generally depressing chapter. )

      AFTER AN EXTREMELY AWKWARD CAR RIDE, it had been around twenty minutes, and Asher had pulled up to a large building with vines crawling up the sides and dull, scratched off paint covering the cracks in the walls. Belle furrowed her brows in confusion, the place giving her a sense of nostalgia, though she wasn't sure why.

"What is this place?" She breathed, looking around into the darkness surrounding the black car. She felt a little uneasy, this could be the perfect spot for a murder. Nothing was around, no sense of life. Maybe this was a bad idea.

"This, Ana. Is our old home. I've been living here for a couple days now, it's been abandoned ever since our Mom and I left." He replied, stepping out the car in which Belle followed. His steps were powerful and loud, the gravel crunching beneath him. Asher swiped his hands to the side, a blue aura extending from his arms and opening the gate as Belle watched in awe.

He was just like her, except his magic was blue. Why? She wasn't sure.

"Why is your magic different than mine?" She asked bluntly, watching Asher frown slightly.

"What do you mean?"

"Mine's red, yours is blue. Why?"

"Genetics, I guess. They call it 'Chaos Magic,' it can probably come in all different forms seeing as Mom's was golden, and Dad's was green-," Asher began, getting cut off by his sister.

"Will you stop calling them 'Mom and Dad' like they're my parents too? I don't even remember them." She hissed, watching Asher furrow his brows as they walked up to the front door of the house, and he took out keys from his trousers.

"They were your parents once, Anabelle. And I'm sorry you never got the chance to remember them, but I'm going to tell you everything. Hopefully you'll see why we left you behind, safe in Beacon Hills." He replied, opening the door and letting her go in first. Belle looked around, it held a darkened atmosphere, cold yet somehow homely.

"Beacon Hills isn't safe, Asher. It hasn't been for a long time." She told him, the name feeling foreign on her tongue— it was weird to finally talk to her brother again.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, let's just start off with the fact I was bitten by a werewolf when I was fourteen, which activated my Mage powers, and all my friends are supernatural too." She spoke bluntly, and Asher stopped in his movement, turning back around to face her.