𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝟮𝟲. everything in a nutshell

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIXEVERYTHING IN A NUTSHELL

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
EVERYTHING IN A NUTSHELL

EICHEN HOUSE HELD AN EERY SILENCE during the time that Anabelle, Asher and Theo had arrived at the front gates. Most called it the 'ghosting hour,' where although they should be getting visitors, only a few would pass in and out.

The three of them were an unlikely trio, and if you'd of told Belle a few months ago that she'd be travelling to Eichen House to talk to the man who caused her parents deaths, with her biological brother and ex bestfriend who she hadn't seen since she was around eight years old— the girl would've laughed, but now, as she walked down the gravel with the two boys on each side of her, she realised this was reality.

"We've got half an hour at most before my brother shows up. Guess we were running later than we thought. We get in, talk to him and get out— that's all, you got it?" Belle ordered bossily, as if she weren't the youngest and weakest of the three.

"Yes, ma'am." Asher joked, before stepping forwards and opening up the door, to be faced with the receptionist who hadn't even shared the three a glance.

"Visiting hours are over. Get out." The man lied, causing Belle to furrow her brows and scoff.

"Cut the crap, dude. You've still got forty minutes left." She spat, and the man looked up, smirking a little at the sight of the girl, in which she grimaced at. Though when his eyes had landed on the two boys, or more bodyguards, standing behind her, he looked down again.

"Well, I'm on my lunch break." He told her, despite it being hours and hours past lunch time. Belle rolled her eyes, before her brows furrowed as Asher stepped forwards towards the compartment, using his magic, her brother lifted the receptionist's head up to face him, smirking slightly at the terrified sight.

Asher's eyes began to glow a vibrant blue, before his pupils had disappeared and he began to mumble a sort of chant. Belle and Theo watched in confusion, intrigued of what the man was doing.

A blue aura had travelled from Asher's hands, and into the man's mind, who's eyes had held a blue tint to his too— as if he was thrown into a sort of trance. And a couple moments later, the Varlett had pushed his head away, causing the receptionist to snap back into reality.

"Room 409. Peter Hale, right this way." He beamed, and Asher looked back at the two proudly, whilst Belle chuckled in amazement at his abilities. Maybe she could learn how to do that someday.

Manipulate someone into doing whatever you wanted them to do.

The three of them followed the receptionist down the halls, lights flickering which each of their steps as they walked past each cell, each patient looking as if they were slowly going out of their minds. Anabelle felt uneasy when walking through, her hands beginning to shake slightly.