𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝟯𝟲. monica varlett

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIXMONICA VARLETT

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
MONICA VARLETT

BEACON HILLS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL had been somewhat empty that night. Only a few emergencies, and most patients were only coming for checkups on their illnesses. And so, David Geyer had been free to lounge around at the front desk for a while- or atleast until another casualty had hit his way. Melissa McCall had joined him too, apologising for being late for her shift, though she wasn't able to tell him the truth.

She wasn't able to tell her coworker that the reason she wasn't at work on time was because she had to save her son from dying at the hands of his.

And just their luck, the moment they'd sat down to eat their dinner a little later than usual, the arubt swing of the front doors had startled both of them, with four teenagers rushing through. One of which, limp in the arms of Liam Dunbar, which Isaac and Scott on either side.

"Dad!!" Liam cried out, and David had shot up from his seat in concern, noticing the girl in his step-son's hands to be Anabelle Stilinski— his girlfriend. They'd spoken countless of times, usually when he would catch her sneaking out of Liam's room at midnight, and promising not to tell the boy's mother.

"What- what the hell happened!!" Melissa asked in panic, though she tried to stay calm. Despite how angry she was at Liam for trying to kill Scott just thirty minutes before- she knew she had bigger problems on her hands.

"Uh- she was shot, we think. We don't know- when we got there it was just her and she- she didn't have time to tell us anything." Isaac explained, tears spilling from his eyes, matching the others.

"Okay- okay, come this way." Dr Geyer ordered, staying calm though the vigorous shaking of his hands proved that it was an act. They ran with him, towards an operating theatre. "Put her on the bed!" David ordered, Liam following his step-father's orders quickly, whilst Melissa searched the cabinets for equipment.

"Belle- Belle? Open your eyes. Belle, c'mon, wake up. Just- just wake up!" Liam yelled, his hands cupping her cheeks, tears falling onto her face as Scott held her hand, and Isaac stood with his head in his hands.

"Liam- Calm down, okay? She's gonna be alright. If the bullet hadn't gone too deep, we can save her. And by the amount of blood, I'm guessing that we have a good chance." David told him, ushering the other boys out as other surgeons came through— ready to perform an emergency surgery.

"No, no, I'm not leaving her!" Liam shouted back at his dad, who furrowed his brows when noticing a yellow tint covering his iris'.

"Liam... Listen, okay? Just breathe, she's gonna be alright." Melissa told him, just furling the boy's anger even more.

"I'm staying here." He spat, his hand laced in Belle's limp one, cheeks red with frustration, despair and anger. He wasn't sure what to feel a this point.