𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝟰𝟮. talk about family reunion

CHAPTER FORTY-TWOTALK ABOUT FAMILY REUNION

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
TALK ABOUT FAMILY REUNION

    AFTER THE NIGHT ANABELLE HAD HAD, the girl was completely and utterly tired out when she had gotten home. Throwing herself into bed, falling into a dream-filled slumber and not waking up until the afternoon afterwards. She'd invited Isaac to her home to tell him everything that had happened over the past few days, seeing as they hadn't spoken much since her death.

And so, the pair of friends were now sat in her kitchen, the girl sitting on top of the counter, boy leaning against a cupboard as picked up grapes from the fruit bowl and threw them into his mouth.

"So, then Asher was like- fight back! And I was like, 'bitch- I can't even stand up.' Honestly, it was such an unfair fight! He had a much higher advantage. Y'know, I bet if we did a rematch, I could kill him." Anabelle explained, putting on voices as Isaac listened with furrowed brows at how casual he sounded.

"A rematch? After he quite literally destroyed you? No way, I'm not putting myself through that again." Isaac told her, and Belle rolled her eyes.

"Putting yourself through that? I was the one who died?!" She joked, opening up a can of coke and sipping it.

"Yeah, but I would've had to plan your funeral arrangements! Y'know those things are like- thousands of bucks. Belle, I don't think you can even afford to die." Isaac retorted, and the girl chuckled a laugh, knowing that was probably true.

Soon enough, their conversation had just fallen into random words being said. Until Belle remembered something she hadn't told Isaac yet.

"Liam and I broke up." She blurted, and although Isaac's eyes widened, she could tell he wasn't phased by it. And so, the girl narrowed her eyes, staring him down suspiciously.

"I know. Liam told me."

"What- he told you? Why would he tell you?" Belle questioned, waking up a little at the thought.

Isaac chuckled, crossing his arms over his chest. "Are you blind?" The boy joked, though Belle took it serisouly.

"I mean- I used to have glasses when I started middle school-,"

"It's cause he's in love with you, dumbass. Why wouldn't he tell me?" Isaac told her, and Belle stifled a laugh, rolling her eyes.

"He obviously wasn't in love enough to believe me." Anabelle replied, looking down at her legs. Isaac huffed, leaning further onto the counter.