𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝟯𝟵. wasn't worth the sacrifice

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINEWASN'T WORTH THE SACRIFICE

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
WASN'T WORTH THE SACRIFICE

ANABELLE SAT IN THE DRIVERS SEAT OF HER FATHER'S CAR, just parked outside the school library. He didn't exactly know she took it, hell, she didn't even have a divers license yet. But atleast the one pro about him being in the hospital, was that he didn't have to know anything. Breathing in throughout her nose and out through her mouth, Anabell's hands shook at her sides whilst she tried to calm herself down. But she couldn't, because soon enough she would have to face Liam again, and she wasn't sure how that was going to play out.

It confused her. She always put on a hard front, pretending like she didn't care about anything and anyone. But the moment she lost Liam, it's like that wall came crashing down. Anabelle did more than just care for him. And although it took her a little while longer to realise her feelings, she knew from the day they met, when she first walked down the halls of her elementary school and noticed the brunette boy gawking at her with crystal eyes.

She knew, he was the one for her. Despite not realising it.

Her eyes travelled up into the visor mirror, eyes doed and bloodshot with exhaustion. Belle's lips quivered as she shuffled around with her blonde hair, tucking it behind her ears frantically to stop the urge of crying. Why? She wasn't quite sure. Anabelle wasn't used to crying up until a month or so ago— it's as if a switch had been flicked, and she fell weak.

With another breath and a shaky application of her infamous strawberry lipgloss she found in the car from where she probably left it last time, Belle stepped out of the car, flattening down her hoodie and t-shirt, the same of which Scott gave her an hour or so before. And then, the girl limped towards the Libary, a faint ache from her wound still present.

When Anabelle opened the door, she was faced with Mason and Liam, the Werewolf with his back to her, looking down at the floor and the human with a smile on his face as he greeted her. She and Mason had drifted apart a little these past few weeks, but then again, Belle had drifted apart from everyone.

"Uh- Hey, I got here as fast as I could. Don't mind the outfit, better than Hospital gowns." Anabelle rambled nervously, her eyes stuck on the back of Liam's head, who finally had snapped out of his trance and looked around at her. Their eyes met, before his pulled away suddenly and looked at Mason in confusion.

Everything adding up in Anabelle's mind, Liam didn't know she was coming. Of course, he didn't. He hated her.

"Hey- are you okay? I'm so sorry." Mason muttered, walking towards the girl and embracing her in a hug. Anabelle hummed, closing her eyes as she revelled in Mason's touch.