𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝟯𝟮. chaos is coming

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWOCHAOS IS COMING

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAOS IS COMING

IT HAD BEEN FIVE DAYS. Five days since they'd found Liam and Hayden, five days since Kira left Beacon Hills with just a voicemail to Belle telling her she'd be back eventually. And five more days that she was keeping secrets all around; Stiles' murder, keeping Asher a secret. The pack weren't the same as they used to be, and all of them could tell.

They'd split off, Malia with Isaac, Stiles with Lydia, Scott and Theo— leaving Belle with Hayden and Liam. Mason had been distant too, or perhaps it was her, Belle liked being alone, isolated— but when it came to feeling alone? She despised it.

Everything felt different, it felt off. Like something was coming and anyone could tell. They were falling apart, each and every one of them. In their own way.

"It's weird. It's as if everyone's just forgotten about eachother. I mean- Scott needs his inhaler, the Chimera's are improving but we don't know how many more failures there's gonna be. Or if they're even failures? I mean- What would the success even look like?" Anabelle spoke through her phone, stripping off her sports top and layering on her thin white sweater. Asher was on the other end of the call, listening to her problems.

The one good outcome that came from the pack falling apart, was Belle having to go to Asher for someone to speak to— which had merged the two siblings relatively close.

Belle was even contemplating doing the Channelling which Peter had told her about with him, though Asher shook it off. He told her a Mage was almost like a battery, if it gained too much power, it would explode. Meaning, if Monica and Lorenzo Varlett's power was too much for them to handle— they could die.

She'd left Gym Class early, just because she didn't want to do any sit-ups, which had left her with the girls locker room to herself.

"I'm sure it'll all work out in the end, I mean- from what you've told me about Scott, he can manage himself. And it's not like you're helpless, you have me." Asher replied to her, and Belle huffed.

"I know, it's just— Every time I close my eyes, I see them. The Dread Doctors. They know who I am, Ash. They said 'Varlett.' They called me the 'Harbinger of Chaos.' I mean- what does that even mean? And they know how to drain my magic, to leave me defenceless." She explained, and Asher paused for a moment in hesitation.

"Did you say of chaos?" He questioned.

Belle furrowed her brows, wondering why one simple word would have so much importance. "Yeah, why? Do you know something?"