Chapter 28- i'm batman (Halloween Special pt 3)

last halloween chapter enjoy forget timezones this is still halloween.

TW/CWs: Swearing, Mention of Trauma, Shoplifting, Confrontation

______________

"There!" Drista declares, capping the black sharpie and sitting back with an extremely self-satisfied smile.

At the blonde's exclamation, Lani walks over to look at younger's creation, "Congrats. You made a paper plate mask."

"SHUT UP IT IS BEAUTIFUL!" The shorter girl insists, while pulling the mask over her face as proof. To be fair, Drista does resemble her older brother- scruffy blonde hair sticking out from behind the mask, plain light green hoodie with black elbow and knee pads. And of course, the girl's usual fingerless black gloves.

"Eh," Lani shrugs, refusing to admit that the younger's costume is actually half-decent, "Mines better because... I'm Batman," Lani poses, her black sheet cape pathetically fluttering in the faint breeze from the open window. Lani's costume is a dollar store mask, spray-painted black shirt and leggings as well as her makeshift cape.

"Okay," The blonde rolls her eyes dramtically before turning to the small room Teagan is changing in, "Tea you almost done? Your sister is being a pain."

"OW!" The green-clad girl flinches as pebble smacks into the back of her head. The fourteen-year-old spins around to glare at the lynx hybrid behind her, "I thought you didn't like doing that."

"I don't," Lani grimaces at the uncomfortable itching that using her telekinesis leaves behind. Rubbing her head she glares back at Drista, "That was instinctive."

"Mehmehmehmehm I'm a trauma child I've got trauma it was instinctive mehmehmehmeh," Drista mumbles, mimicking a gargoyle as she flaps her hands around.

The brunette gives her a flat look, adjusting her plastic mask dismissively, "Okay Madam Pot."

"No problem, Miss Kettle," Drista shoots back using the exact same tone and intonation. The two get into an intense staring match through their masks, a comical sight for anyone on the outside- Dream and Batman having a staring contest.

"Are you two done?" Teagan asks from the makeshift doorway.

Both girls turn around to see the oldest twin dressed in her mermaid Halloween costume. Black dress with carefully sewn sequins to make it look like it's shimmering underwater. Jet black combat boots reach just below the teen's knees, sliver buckles freshly shined. A dark blue leather jacket, bejeweled fitted eye mask and fishtail side braid finish off Teagan's look.

"Teagan you look lovely. In I-will-stab-you-and-steal-your-vaubles-while-looking-like-a-freaking-queen way, of course," Lani clarifies, smoothing out her sister's elaborate hair.

"Aw thank you!" Teagan beams, twirling from side to side making her skirt twirl and shimmer. The older lynx hybrid then looks up at the two other girls, both ready in their own costumes, "Ready to cause some mayhem?"

Drista smiles under her paper plate, holding out a hand to each of the other girls, "You know it!" The blonde than uses one of her simpler powers to teleport them to a forest outside a somewhat nearby neighborhood, where the tree girls begin trick-or-treating.

After getting a full bag each from trick-or-treating, Drista transports the bags back to their treehouse and the trio set about finding a suitable target for their version of a Halloween prank. It only takes a minute for them to find an approximate store- there's a small corner store in the neighborhood they had been trick-or-treating in.

Each girl dashes around the store, grabbing treats and necessities from among the cheap goods arranged on the shelves of the convenience store. The girls want ot be leaving just as the cops arrive- it'll be cooler that way. Teagan suddenly freezes and looks straight out the front window, where four figures are hurrying down the street towards them.

"Fuck," Drista mutters, hurrying to meet the others at the front door of the store.

"Kindly return the goods and put your hands in the air, kids," Jubilee sighs, obviously rather pissed his Halloween with his... brothers? Was interrupted. The three ignore the irritated hero, each assuming a fighting stance.

"What are looking at, bitch!" The racoon boy in the weird black-patriotic-superhero costume snaps, glaring at Teagan, who's been zoned out, staring at the bee hybrid for a while now.

"Oh, shut up," Drista snaps, glaring at the random kid who's screaming at the person she considers to be a sister.

This seems to irritate the boy, "I WILL NOT YOU FUCKING-"

"Toms," The hero mutters to the blonde, causing him to stop his shouting, instead muttering what is most likely obscenities under his breath. Jubilee steps closer to then while Drista and the blonde engage in an angry staring contest.

"Drista?" Lani mutters, taking charge as both of the girls are distracted. The voice of the older girl snaps the short blonde out of her childish contest with the raccoon hybrid.

"Yeah, yeah," The blonde backpedals quickly, grabbing each sister by the wrist. Before the hero and his brothers can do anything the trio have disappeared into a flash of green light.

798 words