Chapter 46- you can plan on me, please have snow and mistletoe

Congrats to stranger actually guessing the new character after six hints from me. Maybe you two aren't as bad at guessing characters as we all though.

only on tw? what madness

TW/CWs: Alcohol mention

__________

Warm fire crackles loudly as Christmas classics play quietly in the background. A large fir tree is decorated lavishly in complex and beautiful 3D ornaments and twinkling, brightly colored lights. Snow is falling thick and fast outside the window while warmth flows freely though the room. Fluffy cushions in festive colours are strewn over the floor, only cleared away in one space.

That space is occupied by a giant Jenga set with blocks the width of your fist. The unstable tower is now teetering precariously after the most recent block was removed. The next player carefully taps a few blocks, deciding on one and gently trying to remove it.

"NOooO!" Aimsey cries as the wooden tower tumbles down with a series of loud clacks, "This is your fault!" She scolds, pointing her finger at her opponent, who only laughs at her outrage.

With a final guffaw, Freddie starts to gather the blocks up so they can play again. While the bear hybrid pouts dramatically her friend begins to restack the tower, "Is not! If you were simply better, you wouldn't have lost."

Aimsey reaches over as if to help, only to swat his hand, making Freddie drop the block he was holding, "I am better! You're just devious!"

A sweet and high-pitched voice comes from the kitchen before the pair can continue bickering, "Hot cocoa's ready!"

Instantly Freddie and Aimsey scramble up, abandoning the Jenga blocks on the floor. The two burst into the kitchen, where their friend is waiting with two mugs, another two on the counter beside her. Whipped cream with small toppings are artistically arranged on top of each mug.

The scent of holiday flavours is thick in the air, mixing with the scent of the tree from the living room to create a truly festive atmosphere. Aimsey scurries over to the other girl, eager for her hot cocoa, "These smell amazing Crumb! What flavours?"

"Yours is peppermint gingerbread and yours is caramel apple cream! That one's orange." The cat hybrid squeaks happily, holding out the caramel one to the taller boy in a holiday-themed Hawaiian shirt.

"What'd you make yours?" Aimsey asks, taking the peppermint drink in both hands and inhaling the sharp but smooth scent of the expertly made hot cocoa.

"Holiday spice," The cat hybrid holds out her drink enough that Freddie and Aimsey can get a whiff of the capsaicin laced chocolate drink.

Aimsey leans back from her friend's spicy drink, holding in a sneeze, "Not white-person friendly I assume?"

"No," Crumb shakes her head, grin audible in her voice despite being obscured by her trademark box head. The box had holes cut for her eyes and ears, and is decorated with a cat face.

Freddie takes a sip of his hot cocoa, immediately exclaiming, "Crumb this is so good!"

"Thank you! I also made eggnog," She gestures to a snowflake-patterned pitcher waiting to be put in the fridge, "But that's for tomorrow."

"Did you put rum in it?" Freddie asks the short cat hybrid, eyeing the pitcher hopefully.

"Of course not!" Crumb says, her voice sounding offended before drastically changing back to her usual happy tone, laced with mischievous intent, "I got you some though if you want to add it for yourself!" She clarifies, before taking a sip of her drink, tail curving happily.

Aimsey puts a hand to her forehead, ears pressing back against her head as though sense the headache she'll have to put up with tomorrow, "Oh lord we're gonna get karaoke Freddie tomorrow."

The cat hybrid lowers her drink long enough to loudly object to the other girl's statement, "I like karaoke Freddie!"

The boy who's singing is being discussed turns to the calico girl, hands out in dramatic thanks, "Thank you! My singing isn't that bad!"

"No, it's terrible. But funny!" Crumb giggles before taking a sip of her cocoa under her box. Before Freddie can defend himself, there's a loud, rhythmic knock on the front door, "Come in it's open!"

The door creaks open, and the two hybrids hear quiet scuffling followed by a stream of loud cursing. A thump and final expletive sounds before footsteps approach the kitchen.

"Hey guys I brought some diet soda!"

Aimsey whirls around to face the newcomer with a bright smile, ears perked up happily.

716 words