Chapter 9

"You are just in time, Barbatos." Zhongli greeted as he avoids eye contact with the bard.

Barbatos or what the mortals calls him, "Venti", sat beside the young god and across his old friend. He placed a basket of apples and pie on the table for them to share.

"The wind told me everything that happened in Inazuma. I didn't know that the rest of the fatui rally over Scaramouche as soon as they disbanded." Venti said as he slices the hot pie into admirable pieces.

Kosuke clenches his fist. Just hearing the Balladeer's name brings fury in his head. If it wasn't for the gnosis, Scaramouche will be beheaded by now.

Venti noticed the accessory on Kosuke's hair, immediately remembering where it came from. He lets out a chuckle before putting his hand around the young god's shoulders.

"The horn of the first thunder god. It's surprising that Ei handed it over to you before she transfers all of his being into you. Speaking of Ei, have you been talking in your dream plane?" Venti asked as he takes a bite on his slice.

Kosuke looks at the bard's round and cheerful eyes, sighing before nodding. Zhongli lets out a small smile as he watches the two interact. Being the new member of the seven, Kosuke and Venti clicks well with each other. The total opposite of what his and Ei's relationship is like.

"She was the one who personally handed this to me. Makoto also gave me some advice." Kosuke explains. Venti nods before sitting properly again. He then takes out his lyre and started strumming it.

"I want to play you a song. May I?" Venti asked while panning from Zhongli to Kosuke. The two guys nod as Venti starts playing his lyre.

As they listen, a cold gush of breeze surprises them. Suddenly, snow and ember falling from the ceiling. The three gods looked up before two other beings appeared.

"Morax, Barbatos, Kosuke? We were waiting for the invitations." Murata said before sitting next to Kosuke.

The Tsaritsa chuckles before scooting next to Zhongli. But before Venti ca speak again, the cryo archon cleared her throat.

"Kosuke, news had reached Snezchnaya. The Balladeer is causing ruckus over your nation. My apologies for not ending him." The Tsaritsa sincerely said as he reaches out for Kosuke's hand.

Kosuke felt the cold skin of the cryo goddess, smiling as he reassures him. Murata on the other hand, snatches the wine off of Venti's hand before voicing out her thoughts.

"I will send gladiators to fend of any fatuis off of Inazuma." Murata suggested as she smiles at the young god.

"Murata, even though you are the war goddess, we can't just attack without any precautions." Zhongli said as he stand up and look outside the window.

"Morax is right. Even if we fight him using our gnoses, we're not gonna allowed any damage along the lands." Venti mumbles.

Kosuke sighs before calling their attention. The gods waited for him to say what he has to say.

"I can take him down on my own. But I will be needing your help. A lot of it." Kosuke reassures them.

The gods look at each other before nodding, scooting closer to Kosuke as they all give him their blessings.

"Right, what now? You can't go on to a fight without any equipments." Murata said with a smirk. Zhongli and the other got the message she was pertaining.

"Train with us. Let's see what you can offer against him."