Chapter 23

Opening up the fabric of space, Kosuke steps out of the Plane of Euthymia, arriving exactly at Ritou. The once blooming place of trades is now empty and deserted. As if a storm had just passed by and left tons of debris.

"Is this what Ritou had become?" He asked himself before walking.

He examines every building that has Fatui bullet marks all over it. Kosuke thought that the Fatui must've raided the village and sent the people away from the island nation.

When he was about to leave Ritou, he remembered what happened earlier between him and Zhongli. So he decided to confront the being responsible for it. He closed his eyes, immediately transported in the plane.

"You're here because?" The voice asked.

"What was that? Why did you have to do that to Morax? I was not ready for that." He asked as he stands up from the mirror-like plane.

"I thought you wanted this? Thus, I made you do what could've ended one's life. You got to thank me that I didn't finished him off." The voice responded.

Kosuke sighs before looking at his hands. He already embraced the power, but why is he still scared? If he wants to be successful in dethroning Scaramouche, he needs to keep it together and work with the being.

"Just don't do something like that without informing me." He said before opening his eyes, going back into the real world.

He puts the hoodie on to cover his face as he venture closer to the city. The entrance to the city is heavily guarded with fatuis. But he doesn't care. As a matter of fact, he wants his presence to be known by the Balladeer.

"Halt! Outsiders are not allowed to enter the city. State your name." The skirmisher asked as he and the others walk towards him.

Kosuke stood still, waiting for the right moment to strike. When the skirmisher grabs his arm, he quickly sent electric current through out their bodies, electrocuting them all at once.

He lifts up his hood, looking at the unconscious Fatui, smirking before passing them. He runs towards Tenshukaku, where a huge storm is angrily raging on top of the building.

"Scaramouche, you never failed to not surprise me." He said before looking at the Fatuis rushing towards him.

He summons his tachi, going into a stance as he gathers electro energy. When the enemies are all near him, he did a quick forward dash, vaporizing the Fatuis unfortunate enough to be caught within the surge of electricity.

Once he reaches the door, he took a deep breath, closing his eyes before entering, where Scaramouche is waiting for him in the middle of the room, smirking.

"Ah, at last. You showed up. I can't wait to finish you off." Scaramouche said as he summons his scythe, utilizing the gnosis by infusing his weapon with electro.

Kosuke chuckles as he confidently walks towards him. Scaramouche was amused at how Kosuke is maintaining his stance. The young archon removes the clothing covering him, revealing his entire body.

"I should be the one saying that. I can't wait to incinerate you like what Ei did to Signora. Remember that? You were the one who fooled the fair lady into thinking that Ei has still the gnosis. You clever rat." Kosuke said which definitely shocks and surprised Scaramouche.

The Balladeer clenches his jaw, tightening his grip on the scythe. He then lets out a laugh, shaking his head.

"You seriously got some strength after I beat you for the first time. And by the looks of it, you don't really mind getting your general killed." Scaramouche remarks, making Kosuke stop on his tracks.

Scaramouche thought that his planned has work, feeding on Kosuke's weakness. He then releases the Tatarigami, making the whole floor foggy, full of the dead gods' anger.

"You know, Scaramouche. I wouldn't do that if I were you. Because that is what I feed on. Your hatred towards me." Kosuke said before looking at the Balladeer, who is smirking and laughing.

"I challenge you. For a duel before the throne."