Chapter 13

Venti widens his eyes as the aura that surrounds Kosuke expanded, basically bringing him into a very familiar place. A table was set on the middle of the plane, underneath a cherry blossom tree. There, seated two beings that he knows for a very long time now.

Venti approaches the beings, trying his best to control his emotions. When his presence were noticed, Makoto turns her head to greet him with a big smile. Ei soon followed too with her own smile.

"Barbatos, it's been so long." Makoto gently said. Venti sits beside the two as he grabs a cub of sake.

"Don't drink too much. You still need to train our dear Kosuke." Ei warns as she pours him some sake.

Venti sniffs the scent of his cup before happily drinking. Makoto giggles at the adorableness of the bard.

"Right, about Kosuke. You finally handed over the horn." Venti reminded. Ei nods in response before swallowing her dango.

"Yeah. We thought that it was the right time to hand over Raiden's horn. Makoto also has her reasons to why we kept the horn until I left the world." Ei explained. Her sister then nods at her answer.

She then stood up and took something off her hair. It was a hair clip. Makoto handed over the hair clip to Venti before sitting back down again.

"Give it to him. And please tell him that we're both rooting for him against his big fight with Kunikuzushi." Makoto mumbles. Ei hangs her head down after hearing the name.

"And if he thinks that he is about to lose again, we will be sure to remind him that we will help him win that fight no matter what." Ei said with a determined smile.

Venti smiles at the both of them before standing up, preparing to leave. He said his goodbyes before he was sent back to reality again.

Kosuke is now lying down on the ground. Venti immediately helped him to stand up once he got his consciousness back.

"What happened?" Kosuke mumbles.

Venti smiles at him before handing him the hair clip Makoto gave. Kosuke gives him a confused look before clipping it on his sleeve.

"Makoto visited me using your body. That's why you lost consciousness. She wants you to know what the both of them are ready to help you." Venti said in a soft spoken tone.

Kosuke smiles at the thought of the twins remembering him. He sighs before stretching his arms up high.

"Well, let's get going. We still have a lot to do." Venti said before walking towards the Thousand Winds Temple.