Chapter 14

Back at Tenshukaku, Scaramouche has grown impatient. He's been waiting for the group of fatuis he sent. But none of them had ever appeared right infront of him. Not until he was informed that a wounded agent has returned.

The agent was sent directly to the throne room where he came face to face with the archon himself.

"Eh? Where are the others? And most importantly, where is he?" Scaramouche asked as he looks down upon the agent.

The fatui swallows his fear before speaking up, telling him how things went down.

"He escaped, my lord. We cornered him but it seems like his archon powers are still intact. And it looks like he is consulting the other archons for help." The agent explained.

Scaramouche gritted his teeth before slamming his hand on the throne. The agent flinch as he heard each step Scaramouche makes. The puppet then grabs the agent by his jaw, making him look at his pissed of face.

"You had one job and yet you failed. I don't want to see your face ever again. Leave before I kill you!" Scaramouche screams.

The agent hurriedly made his way out of the palace, never looking back. As he was making his way back to the throne, a familiar figure suddenly appeared behind him.

He turns around to see Yae Miko snickering as she crosses her arms over her chest. The puppet raised his brow, confused to how the fox envoy manages to enter.

"How did you get in?" He asked. Yae chuckles as she looks around the throne room.

"I came here in peace, Kunikuzushi. I just want you to know, as the shrine priestess of Narukami, I have the insights on how things will turn out." She said with a smir. This annoyed Scaramouche. He summons his tachi and pointed the blade directly at the envoy.

Yae looks at the blade before lowering it down as she makes her way inside Ei's prototype puppet.

"We both know that the gnosis is certainly giving you a hard time. Considering that you've been holding it for well over a hundred years now, you still can't contain the emotions and lost Ei had experienced." Yae worded out as if she was convincing the Balladeer to surrender the gnosis.

But Scaramouche won't let anyone ruin his plan. He already failed at the first time, but he won't fail this time.

"If you're trying to guilt trip me for using the gnosis, you're failing. I know what I'm doing and I am made to use the gnosis. The former shogun nor the current one can't change my mind. And not even your dead friend." Scaramouche emphasizes the last two words. Yae's smile turns into a frown as her friend gets disrespected right infront of her.

But she has her own way of messing up with Scaramouche's head. Before Yae leaves Tenshukaku, she left some words that will surely turn Scaramouche into a paranoid puppet.

"As of now, Kosuke is in a possession of a much powerful tool. The same item that held the first thunder god's might and power. Not that I'm saying you'll definitely get killed once you two will meet again, but that's the same vision I saw."

"Kosuke has Ei and Makoto's will, ideals, and power. While you, you just have the gnosis. A person's ideal is more powerful than a false and empty husk's gnosis." And with that, Yae left the place. Leaving Scaramouche raging in both anger and confusion.