Chapter 24

Scaramouche stares at him before letting out a maniacal laugh. Kosuke chuckles as he watches his brother laugh hysterically.

"You do know the consequences, right? You will have to die if you lose."  Scaramouche said while crossing his arms over his chest.

Kosuke smiles confidently, brushing his palm across the electro infused blade. He then points the Musou Ishin towards him, eyes full of determination.

"I am very aware, Scaramouche. That one of us will suffer one's blade. But you already know that." Kosuke said confidently. Scaramouche scrunches his forehead before swinging his scythe.

"Alright then, let's begin. I will have the last laugh!" Scaramouche shouted before charging towards Kosuke.

Kosuke smirks before using his abyssal power in moderate, dodging the Balladeer's attacks with ease. When he saw an open window, he strikes Scaramouche across the back of his head, slightly knocking him off his feet.

The Balladeer looks at him in surprise before using his scythe for the advantage, swinging the hook towards Kosuke. But the young archon is as fast as lightning, switching positions to not get hit.

"Strike dead!" Kosuke chanted before summoning a pulse of electricity, pushing Scaramouche away from him.

The Balladeer noticed the improvement in terms of power. He gritted his teeth before using the gnosis this time, placing barriers of electric field around Kosuke to trap him.

"You have improved. But I still have the power!" Scaramouche said before summoning a storm cloud on top of Kosuke, raining down a solid strike of lightning.

The place was enveloped with smoke as the powerful strike can destroy a god. When the smoke clears, Scaramouche grins when Kosuke is nowhere to be found.

"You think that you can easily destroy me with a thunderbolt? You must've forgotten, I summon lightning too." Kosuke suddenly said, appearing behind Scaramouche, up on the throne that originally belongs to him.

"You pest!" The Balladeer angrily hissed before summoning a ball of lightning, hurdling it towards Kosuke.

The young archon takes out his tachi again, slicing the lightning ball clean in half. But that momentary distraction caused him to be hit by the scythe, wounding his left cheek.

Kosuke tumbles down the stares, chuckling as everything started to get interesting.

"Now, now, brother. You have a great skill in the arts of scythe, but I don't care. I can do that too. It takes two to tango." He said before summoning his naginata this time.

The two clashes blades, dodging each other's attacks. But Kosuke delivered the most strikes. He doesn't want to finish the Balladeer that quickly, he wants to study and wait for the right time.

When Scaramouche falls down to the floor, Kosuke was ready to strike him down when a bunch of Fatuis showed up.

They all cornered Kosuke, jumping on him as they tried to help their master escape. Scaramouche was ready to leave when his path was blocked by a kitsune totem. The totem suddenly explodes, throwing him back.

"Dear me. You should've seen that coming." Yae Miko said as she appears out of nowhere, striking the Fatui that is hoarding Kosuke.

"You?! You will pay for this!" Scaramouche said before disabling Yae's vision. But the kitsune was well adapt and transformed into a fine mist, making her way towards Kosuke, infusing her spirit with him.

The ground shakes as the storm on top of Tenshukaku started to get violent. Scaramouche screams in anger before taking off his hat and armor. Unleashing his delusion form to fight off Kosuke.

"I will end you here!"