Chapter 17

As the two archons share their thoughts to each other, the Goddess of  Flowers and Wisdom suddenly remembered what happened to Inazuma and Kosuke.

"So, Belial. The news had reached Sumeru one day after it all went down in the Shakkei Pavilion. Did you really got dethroned by that discarded puppet?" Kusanali asked as she puts down her cup.

Kosuke looks at him before sighing, letting out a bitter chuckle then shaking his head in disapproval.

"I was never dethroned. He was just saved by the rocks falling when the Pavilion was collapsing. And consider the fact that Scaramouche is in the possession of the gnosis, he is in fact a tad bit stronger than me." Kosuke explains. The goddess nods before standing up, encouraging him to follow her in a garden space right besides the temple.

"Well, I know why you came here. You wanted to finally put an end to the puppet's misery. I am no fighter but I can provide wisdom for you and encourage you. Maybe I can unlock some of your hidden potential since Ei had kept you inside Tenshukaku for well over a hundred years." Kusanali softly speaks as they stare at the moon rising at the horizon.

Kosuke then stares at the glowing lilies scattered across the pond, mesmerized at how pretty the flowers look. Although bright, some of the flowers are dim and wilted. Kusanali notices this and a smile formed on her lips.

"Those dimmed out flowers had lost their light. Although overshadowed by the bright ones, those who are dimmed still kept their lights in their roots. They just need the right moment to bloom and glow again." Kusanali explained. Kosuke looks at her before crouching down to get a closer look at the flowers.

"Comparing to what just happened, the Balladeer has just overshadowed you. And you just need a little more time to get your light back and cast your own shadow on him. It'll take some time to regain some of your strength, Belial. But when that time comes, you will be the brightest flower in the meadows." And with that, Kusanali gave Kosuke a head pat.

The two shares each other's plans for their nations. The goddess also promised to send some backup when all goes south. But she knows that Kosuke can lay waste to the Balladeer once they face each other again.

The day went well and Kusanali offered them their own room to stay in for the day. But while resting, Kosuke suddenly felt a horrible head ache, too unbearable that he can't even fall asleep with it acting up.

Endo knew about this and asked the Dendro Archon for some help. They bought Kosuke to a room where they treat the ill.

A doctor who graduated at the Sumeru Academia examined Kosuke's body. He thoroughly scans any signs of injuries but failed to find some clues. Until he spotted the crimson horn glowing on Kosuke's hair.

The doctor takes a hold of it and suddenly a huge amount of electricity surges through his body.

"It seems that this horn is the one causing the headache." The doctor said as he tries to take the horn from Kosuke's head.

Kusanali examines and horn and shocked to discover what it really was. Although the abyss had been repented, artifacts that are left by them are scattered all around Teyvat.

"This horn seems to be ancient. Probably dating back when Asmoday was still ruling Teyvat." Kusanali speculated before carefully taking the horn from Kosuke's hair.

She then sealed it inside an orb where it is suspended mid air inside the orb.

"This item might probably be connected to the abyss or one of Asmoday's priced possession. Or maybe an item from one of Asmoday's defeated enemies." They all look at her before she sprints out of the room to call the attention of the other archons to discuss about stuff.