02 | Bright Colours in Autumn

Angst-

________

" So, you like flowers? " I inquired.

He turned to me, showing his annoying million-dollar smile.

" Urmmm, so much. " He said while playing with some flowers in his hands.

" Why do you like flowers? "

For a boy like me, flowers are the most embarrassing things to play with. Whenever a boy held some flowers, he must be laughed by others, accusing him as a soft-hearted boy and maybe a gay.

And of course, me myself wouldn't want that to happen. But what's with the boy beside him? In love with flowers?

" Flowers smell nice."

" Some are not. " I shook my head lightly.

He turned to me again, flashing his smile, exposing his bunny teeth. Why was he smiling a lot?

" I love the colour. "

" The colour? "

He nodded. " Umm, don't you think flowers are colourful? "

Too many colourful things around us, yet he chose flowers? I meant why?

He softened his look at me, still with his bunny smile.

" Flowers are naturally colourful, and will not fade away. Even if the sun shines so bright, or the rain pours heavily, the colour will stay the same."

" So you like flowers because of the permanent colour of 'em? "

" Yes, so I wouldn't miss the original colour of the flowers."

" Miss the original colour? "

" When the colour fades, it will make you miss the original colour. Because it is not as beautiful as before. Just like your shirt when you keep washing it, it will turn pale. "

I just showed a simple grin, hearing that.

Too poetry. That's what I thought.

And, as a 10-years old boy, I believed that flowers were ugly and too girlish.

Surely, this boy was weird.

And I exhaled my breath heavily.

Felt like I don't like this boy as he was being too girly, depending his life on everyone around him.

I still couldn't believe that I needed to be friend with him as my parent asked me to. Only because he was new to this neighbourhood.

And because of him, I couldn't play soccer with the other boys. My mother was mad at me once just because I left him playing at the playground alone while I was busy playing with the others.

Ah,this boy surely was a troublesome!

_____________