05 | Echoes and Flashbacks

****

As the movie flickered around them, Win reached for Bright's hand. His touch was so careful but still stole one of Bright's dwindling breaths. Bright let himself sank further into the pillows and settled his gaze on Win versus the screen.

" She was so beautiful, " Win sighed to himself as Kristen Stewart swirled through the screen, stealing the scene from Robbert Pattinson so effortlessly.

" Never as beautiful as you. " Bright smiled as he met Win's gaze, only slightly startled by Win's focus on Bright.

" Were you happy,  P' Bright? "

" Umm... With you beside me, so much. "

" I love you so much, you are my whole world. "

" Yeah, you are my whole universe." Bright giggled, didn't want to lose to Win.

Win leaned in and kissed Bright's forehead. " So let's just agree to never leave each other and live happily ever after. "

" Always, sir! "

****

" What if I couldn't make it? " Win asked nervously, fidgeting his fingertips on his lap.

" I believe in you, baby. So, inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. " Bright comforted his lover, stroking Win's back soothingly.

" If something ever happened to me, just know that I love you and I want you to be happy. "

" Morbid much? " Win could feel Bright's chest leap with a laugh.
" There's no way I would be happy without you."

Win's feet stomped as Bright's arm yanked against Win at Bright steady stride. " You have to! " Win protested.

" Don't be ridiculous, Win.. You are just going to give a speech for your bakery opening! "

Win huffed in annoyance, " Can't you just play along? I just want to be a drama king for once. "

Bright burst out laughing, reaching out Win's hand before giving some kisses to his palms.

" You are already a king in my heart, baby. "

And Win blushed deeply. " Spoil. "

****

" I love you. " Win stood up too fast, causing the table to screech across the floor.

Win fell onto Bright's lap, knowing the latter would catch him.

A suppressed giggle passed Bright's lips before he quieted it with a kiss on Win's temple. " I have something for you. " Bright handed a wooden box to Win.

" What is it? " Win opened the box to see a familiar bracelet. " It's my guitar pick. " Bright murmured as his slandered fingers circled Win's waist.

" You made this for me. " Win's tone was awed as tears welled from the thoughtfulness.

" Yeah. " Win felt Bright shifted beneath him. " It's nothing fancy, I just thought you're my first, and now we have our lives together. I don't know how I got so lucky. "

Bright clasped the bracelet around Win's wrist.Win could feel his salty tears slid down his milky white cheeks.

He leaned to cupped Bright's cheeks before locking their lips together. The familiar tug and twist gave Win weird sensation that he always look forward to.

Catching their breath, they parted before beaming widely. " Thank you so much, babe. I love you. "

" More, baby. More. "

****

"....... I was just a chapter in your book, but you were the title of mine..... "

" What in the world are you reading, Win? "

" .… he was the one, but obviously not for me....... "

" Ai' Win, what are you reading, you scared me."

" …. loving you was the most painful yet my beautiful mistake……"

" Okay, okay..... I'm buying you the new stove! Stop reading something like that!"

Win giggled and poked at Bright's chest playfully. It's worked.

Win put his phone down, granting Bright a peck on his lips. " I knew it! Love you! "  before he leaned again and showered Bright with kisses all over his face.

" You love me only when you get what you want. " Bright rolled his eyes.

" The truth always come with pain, love. " Win nudged his nose to Bright's, laughing loudly.

" Win! "

****

Reminiscing their memories, Bright flipped the album from page to another page. " I miss you, love. Please come back. "

Bright exhaled heavily, putting his head on the couch. I miss him. I miss him. I miss him. The words keep echoing in his head before he was drifted to a deep slumber.

" P' Bright, wake up. " He shook Bright's body softly, afraid that Bright would startled from his sleep.

" Umm.. You're home? " Bright rubbed his eyes, trying to focus his vision. " Oh! My baby is home. "

Bright stood up abruptly, reaching the latter's hand and peppering his hands with kisses. " I miss you, so so much. "

Win chuckled incredulously, "I was away for 2 days and you've become like this? What a sap. "

Bright pouted. " Two days are equal to forty-eight hours not seeing you, my love. "

Win took Bright's hand, gesturing him to sit on the couch, " I miss you too, so bad that I wanted to fly right away yesterday after finishing my project to see you. " Win kissed Bright's forehead gently before hugging him tightly.

Bright closed his eyes, admiring the unusual comfortable warmth that Win never fail to give him. " So, how's your two days without me? "

And they started to talk about their unusual days without each other. But for now, they knew they were complete again.