19 | Sick

" Win? " Bright called his boyfriend, as soon as he stepped into their condo. Dropping his working bags onto the floor, he spoke again, louder this time. "Win? Love?"

There was a long silence, and Bright's concern for his lover grew. " Bun?"

He heard a bare sound of cough from down the hallway, and there Win appeared, hair messily ruffled atop his head.

" P'Bai.." Win spoke quietly, and the older frowned, walking towards him.

Pressing his hand on the younger's forehead, he let out a 'tsk' sound, "You seem to catch a cold, bun. Why aren't you resting?"

Win shrugged weakly, "Want to greet you, haven't seen you in ages." Win extended his arms, pouting. Bright cooed at the cuteness and openly accepted the hug, squeezing Win close.

" I miss you.." Win whispered against Bright's skin, smiling fondly before pulling away.

"But this isn't a kind of homecoming that I want. "

As Win's eyes widened in hurt, Bright did as well in realisation as he comprehended what he just said.

"No, its not like that.. I mean I want to see you running with sparks in your eyes, arms wide and enthusiasm dripping from every word as you jump into my arms."

" Well, what I mean is I don't like seeing you like this, you just look very sick and miserable.. Oh, fuck, I just don't want my baby bun not feeling under the weather, do I?" Bright continued.

Bright took a deep breath, and honestly he did expected Win to roll his eyes as he always did whenever Bright was being cringey, instead Win grinned widely and shook his head.

" Damn, yes I miss you too." Bright admitted.

That made Win's cheeks flared red, ducking his head before Bright finally remembered that Win was not in a good shape. "Now, come on, my pretty bunny Winnie."

Bright grasped Win's hand. "Time for me to tuck you in bed and you need to rest over that cold you caught."

"No.....I want to be with you.." Win whined and swayed his body timidly.

" You have been out working for so long and I miss you so much and you're my favorite person and all I want to do is spend more time with you before you are taken away again."

Bright's look of firmness turned into fond. "Aww, Win. I wasn't planning to leave you again anytime soon, silly."

That made Win's lips twitched up, forming an O shape before he heard Bright's laugh across the living room.

" Well.. now, follow me to our bedroom, sir."

Without warning, Bright lifted the younger up in his arms, carrying him towards their bedroom. "P'Bai! " Win squealed, but allowed the spurts of laughter to stream out from his mouth.

" You did enjoyed every second of it. " Bright winked and crawled carefully under the duvet after laying Win down.

Win opened his arms, signaling a grabby-hands. " Come, cuddle with me."

" Quite demanding." Bright teased as he moved towards Win, a small smile playing on his lips. Bright wrapped his arms around Win's waist, snuggling up to his back. They laid in a comfortable silence before a sneeze suddenly hit Win, making Bright untangled his arms.

" You alright there, bun? " Bright asked softly. "Your sneezes are quite cute, if that is any consolation."

" What? K, thanks. " Win pouted. "Glad you find pleasure in this time of great and miserable sorrow. "