47

(Mika)

"I was following the pack, all swallowed in their coats, with scarves of red tied round their throats, to keep their little heads from falling in the snow," I sang a little tune while I prepared food for Yuu. I was happy that I was able to do something for him while still giving him his space. I actually really liked this, it felt strangely domestic.

He's going to hate you even more than he already does when he finds out.

"He won't find out." I assured myself.

I can't believe you fucked your chance up this badly.

"It's not a crime if you don't get caught." I laughed to myself as I added various spices to the meat. I was a little wrong in the head, but I wasn't sick enough to eat my food unseasoned.

And then you're going to do this to him?

"It's fine." I tied my apron tighter. I really liked this, it was like I was his house husband. He went out and made the money while I did all the things for him back at home... except I make the money, and he's currently not really allowed to leave the house.... but still, I enjoyed my little fantasy and there was no harm in making cooking interesting.

You've really lost it.

"I don't want him to hate me. I don't want him to be mad." I felt myself start to work harder to distract myself.

He will never look at you again.

"I'll make him." Satisfied enough with the conclusion to my thoughts, I went back to mumbling the words, "And I turned round and there you go, and, Michael, you would fall, and turn the white snow red as strawberries in the summertime."

...

"Perfect." I clapped my hands together as I looked at the table I had set up rather nicely if I do say so myself.

Why are you acting like this?

"I'm happy." I answered.

... no you're not. You can't handle what you did, can you?

"I didn't even do anything." I rolled my eyes.

Is this too fucked up even for you?

"Blah, blah, blah. Spouting nonsense to make me feel bad. Why are you always trying to ruin my mood?" I giggled.

You're fucking gone.

"...maybe." I shrugged.

You should go get him before it gets cold.

"Oh!" I face palmed, "Duh! How silly of me."

This is getting harder and harder to witness. Are we even different anymore?

"I don't know," I smiled brightly, "I hope we closed whatever gap there was."

You don't act any way we ever had.

"Well, to be honest, I think I'm running on fumes and denial," I laughed, "shoot! I forgot again! I better go get him."

I pranced my way up the steps, smile practically glued to my face. I don't think I could stop even if I wanted to. Why was I doing this?

I knocked on the door but opened it without a response anyway like an annoying parent, "Baby~ dinner's ready."

He looked up at me with glassed over dull eyes, he looked lifeless. It made me angry for some reason. Seeing him look like that pulled a string deep within me that made me want to hurt him, a feeling that I immediately pushed to the side as I sat down next to him, pulling him into my lap. I loved him. He always smelled good, his body was warm, and he fit so perfectly in my arms. We were like a lock and key, made specifically for each other.