Chapter 20

Year 2000

Mirabel’s POV

I’m in Australia to check on the house I had bought for when our time in London was done, but I needed a cover up so I am a… wait for it… babysitter. Well only for a few days. I have to live with these people called the Clifford’s and babysit their son Michael; he’s about 5 I think.

I changed my appearance so they don’t recognize me when I come back and live here. My hair is shocking red and my eyes are crystal blue, I wear glasses and a black beany. My height is short almost like 5’6 and I always wear heals to look taller- well now I do, the real me would not be caught dead in these shoes!

I make my way to the Clifford residence in my small red sports car- it matches my hair… Yay! *note the sarcasm*

Lizzy thought it would be funny if my bloody car matched my bloody hair… Which they actually look like blood! It really doesn’t help that my skin colour is pale white! I look like the EMO nerd version of Snow white!

I am wearing tight black jeans with red suspenders and a white button up shirt and a red tie… Lilly did it!

My shoes are black high heel combat boots- that might be the only thing I like from my bloody outfit. And yes I mean bloody as in it looks like I dip died the fucking clothes in blood!

As I stop in front of the house, I step out and see to adults go out of the house and towards me. I’ll keep my voice soft so they don’t recognize me in a few years.

My cover name is Bella O’Neil, my favourite colour is red, my hair is naturally blond, my eyes are blue, my height is 5’6, my parents are Henry and Maggie O’Neil, I have a baby husky named Sparks, I also have a little Black kitten named Binx and I love people! How exciting! I’m the total opposite of myself! I think I’m gonna… Barf…

“Hi, my name is Karen and this is my husband Daryl, we’re the Clifford’s. Michael is inside. Please take good care of him, he’s really shy and when he gets cranky his eyes might go black or sometimes it goes red like fire. He’s a unique breed,” she tells me and hands me a bag.

“That is all he needs for the day, I sorted it out and if he’s hungry make sure he eats what I wrote on the list in the bag, He only drinks from his Sippy cup and if a woman named Joy drops a boy named Calum over it’s quite normal, their good friends; she said she’ll pay you extra. I’m sorry and I know you don’t run a day care but 2 other moms might also drop off their children to come play with Michael- Their his only friend- They also said they’d pay extra. Thank you!” she yells fast running to the car and speeding off.

Well that sounds lovely! Not! I don’t even have time to look after this kid… wait… bad feeling… Kid, inside, need help gonna get hurt! I run in an inhuman speed and swoop Michael of the floor before the knife fell on him from the counter “Well that was close,” I say holding onto a little shocked blond boy- he looks like his mommy, how cute!

His large green eyes look right into my soul- Oh no, he’s something different…something special… But what? I hear the doorbell go of as I grab the list of Michael’s foods. The fuck is this? All it says is soft meat and spaghetti! The poor kid!

As I open the door 2 moms and a dad stand there with 3 little boys… Why can’t have tiny Girlfriends, I’ve only raised girls- and some boys along the way- well this will be… something.

The father steps forward giving his little blond so who looks wow 4 to the nice black haired lady with a little boy who also looks 4 and just like her- Oh my god he looks just like Thomas!