Chapter 15

Year 1854

Mirabel’s POV

“Hello Ma’am? Do you have any bread for a poor orphan?” a boy about the age of 17 asked. He was extremely skinny and looked almost skin and bones. His hair was black and eyes were ocean blue, I knew he had great things awaiting for him. “I have 3 brothers and a little sister as well ma’am. My little sister Sky is sick ma’am and it is for her well being that I try keep her healthy and I cannot do this unless because I have no money to buy bread. Will you help, please ma’am I beg of you?”

I look him straight in his eyes. “I will give you all a gift, but it will have its consequences. The Moon Goddess tells me you will do much great things. Also that you will be of very importance to me one day, and I look forward to helping you. What would you say if I was to grant you and your family immortality, a way none of you will starve and none of you will die, a life that you could live together… forever,” I say and await for his answer.

At first he looked confused while processing what I have just told him “You are no Vampire, are you?” he asked taking a few steps back with concern. I giggled “No sweet, I am but a person with great power. I am no witch, but I am no mortal either,” I answer. He looks at me sceptically “Then what are you?” he asked.

I walked up to him “I will show you. Please take me to your sister, I have a medical degree. I know what I’m doing,” I assure him.

Soon we are under a dark bridge “This is our home. Our mother died and father left us for a harlot on the streets,” he said, his voice cracking at the word ‘leaving’. I make my way to a small 4 year old girl. She’s probably Sky. “Hello there, little one. My name is Mirabel,” I said. She looked up at me “Are you my angel? Here to take me away to a place with no pain?” she asked but I shook my head. “No love, but I am the angel of all life and death. I heal people and take the bad people away from this world. I am justice,” I answer.

An older looking man/child steps forwards “Sorry to chime in on your little fantasy of all things good and pure, but as you can see my sister is ill and she might be dying,” he said with a venomous voice and anger radiating off of him. My eyes grew wide as I saw his complexion. His physique was only skin and bones, he had no hair, his eyes were lifeless and he had black circles around his eyes. I’m too late to help him…

My eyes began to tear as I stepped towards him “My boy, what have you done? It looks like death grabbed you at the balls,” oops not the right thing to say but it made him chuckle so that’s an upside. My eyes probably were pulling of tears because a smaller boy that also had black hair and ocean blue eyes grabbed my arm, he looked about the age of 15.

“Are you alright ma’am?” he asked with worry clear in his expression. “No my boy,” I turn to the eldest boy “May I have a word with you in private?” I say as I walk out of the bridge. He shortly arrived and I took a deep breath.

“Boy, you are very sick and it will only get worse, do you know that?” I asked. He nodded “You have what we call Cancer. It is very close to your time and I’m afraid that even I cannot help you,” I say with tears running down my face. I wish on my life that I could help him, I really do.

“You can help me ma’am… You said that you take people from this earth-“ I cut in “That have sinned and killed the innocent, I will not kill you, but I will be able to take your life painlessly, but what about your siblings?” I ask. He shakes his head “My brothers will protect Sky; she’s still little and won’t understand. Ill you tell her that the Goddess of Moon or what you said earlier has taken me to her palace in the sky or what you must, I just can’t live this way any longer.”