Chapter 13

Year 1206

Mirabel’s POV

Beth and I have been walking for days now. The town folk we were living with tried to burn us to the stake because they thought we practiced witch craft! Why would mingle with witches? But since they think we practice it, I’ll make sure next time they try to burn us, I can actually do witch craft and burn them to the stake. How to you like that bastards?!

We walk a little farther until I smell something strange… It smells like dog, but it’s more of a dead smell. It can’t be dead though, because it’s moving around. “Do you smell that Beth?” I ask her looking around trying to keep my head towards the smell, so that when it pounces I could kill it on spot.

“Yes, it smells like a dead dog,” she says scrunching up her nose in disgust. The smell stops moving and I can hear deep chuckling with lots of strange giggle laughs behind him. It sounds like a hyena’s laugh.

A man comes walking out of the forest right next to the road, and he looks like he doesn’t have a pot in which to piss. I move a little back and stand slightly behind Beth. She’s the one who hurts people. I don’t have the stomach for it.

He laughs once more. He sounds like a damned Hyena. “I like you, you look so innocent and scared,” he says pointing at me. I flinch and hide behind Beth waiting for her to give me the signal so that I should open my wings and fly away, like we always do when we feel threatened. We have done this for 92 years, and it has worked wonders.

The man walks dangerously close towards us. I want to know what he is! He smells disgusting! “We should kill all of his kind; he is stinking up the world with his foul smell,” Beth mind links me through our little 2 woman pack.

“That’s horrible. You can’t do that just because he smells foul!” I yell back at her through mind link. She scoffs visibly and looks annoyed “And why not? You accidentally killed all the phoenixes!” Beth shot back making my jaw drop. “Not all of them! Phoebe is still alive and she follows us everywhere,” I snap at her. “She follows us around because she doesn’t know where to go! You killed her family!” I scoff “They tried to eat you!” I defend myself. It takes a moment for her to respond “Fair enough.”

“Excuse me little werewolf girls, but if I could have your full attention please?” the man says and laughs again. Strange man, he can’t stop laughing “Can’t you see we are having an important discussion,” She tells him and turns to me “See, he doesn’t have manners either! Surely he’s useless in the world. If I can’t kill his foul smelling kind, then can I at least kill him?” She says out loud and looks at me for my answer.

As if on cue about 20 foul smelling hyenas’ come out of the forest. What are Hyena’s doing in the forests of America?

I turn to Beth to give her a full on glare, that was until a rock flew right through her eye and out the back of her skull. I smug girl comes walking over to the man “Sorry, it slipped,” she said putting her hand on her mouth to stop her smile. My right eye starts twitching; it’s a bad habit I get when I’m mad.

I look straight at the girl with my eye still twitching and I keep a poker face “Oh no, I understand. You were just trying to protect your kind,” I say with a calm voice. The girl smiles evilly “Yes of course, that and she was just irritating me. Her voice is so annoying,” she says and kisses the man.

“What are your names?” I say pointing at the couple. My rage is through the roof. Beth was the only thing I had left of my past. “My name is Ezekiel and this is my mate Isabella,” he said while stoking her cheek. It made me sick. “My friend was right though, by killing you and the corrupted it will cleanse the world of you sickening smell and revolting personality” I say calmly.