Chapter 2

Year 1103

Mirabel’s POV

I woke up to the sound of the forest birds chirping, it sounds like a beautiful day. I sit up straight feeling the animal pelts under me, we hunt for our food, so when we skin them, we use the pelts as a bed to sleep on. I turn my head to my right where Elizabeth sleeps. I frowned not seeing her in her bed, so I decided to get up and find Keith.

I climb out of the tent to find every one running around looking worried. The older men were sniffing around to catch a scent… I guess. I look around to find Keith, but all I could find was Kurt, I guess he’s my only option now so… I walked over to Kurt, when he spots me. He walks over to me fast grabbing my arm with a tight grip, making me flinch. “Come, Keith said to take you to him when you wake up” he said, worry laced in his voice.

We ran towards the Alpha’s den, I haven’t seen the Alpha in a week. He was somewhere out of our territory for a meeting with another pack. “Here she is Keith” I didn’t even notice that we reached Keith. He was standing with Momma “Momma!” I yelled running towards my mother. She welcomed me with open arms “Lovelle! Sweet heart, what were you and Elizabeth doing so far away from camp? You could have gotten killed Mirabel!” she said sternly “Where is Elizabeth? She was not next to me when I woke up. Is she with her mother?” I asked getting a frown from my mother “Lovelle… She is not back yet…” my mother answered. I started to tear up “But Momma s-she was with m-me… w-where is s-she?” I asked between sobs. My mother pulled me in for another hug “Lovelle… If your brothers weren’t there to find you… you could have died… you know you don’t have your wolf abilities yet” she said, while I sobbed into her chest. She continued “So I say… thank your brothers and we will go see Alpha… he wants to see you” my mother said, I looked up to her and let go of her hug. I walked over to Kurt. I looked up into his hazel eyes “Thank you Kurt…” I looked down at my feet, hating that I had to thank my brother for yelling at me and telling me that my only friend was bad for me. I looked toward my mother asking with my eyes if I have to continue, she nodded saying I should, and I mentally groaned “For finding me” I said very quickly, he noticed that I was still mad at him for telling me what to do.

I walked over to Keith and hugged him “Thank you Keith for finding me as well and carrying me back to camp” I said still holding onto my oldest brother. I was his only sister and not to mention his youngest sibling so far, our mother is expecting. But that makes Keith really over protective of me. I can’t help but say that Keith is my favourite sibling, when he does not look so terrifying. I let go of him and walked over to my mother. She took my hand in hers and we walked inside the Alpha’s den.

We walked in, and right when I saw the Alpha I felt really small. He loves Keith and he can tolerate Kurt, but I can’t help but feel like a runt around him, even though he treats me like his only Lovelle, Every one close to me, like family calls me Lovelle. It means Wolf Cub. I was expecting him to look down at me with anger in his dark brown eyes. My mother has beautiful Crystal blue eyes like Keith and I have my father’s brown eyes. My father’s sister is Sarafina and his mother is Wanona, they look after us when our parents are out on meetings.

What I was not expecting was a smile on the Alpha’s face when I walked in. I almost was frightened. He never smiles at me, only at Kurt when he does something an alpha would do. My mother stopped in her tracks with me hiding behind her like the little runt I am, afraid of what the Alpha was going to do to me.