Chapter 4

1796

Mirabel’s POV

“Isabella! I’m back! I brought the food you wanted, how is the baby doing?” I asked walking into my small cottage in the woods. I keep Isabella here, she didn’t have a home. She is a youthful Harlot. She has gotten herself pregnant by an unknown man for money. He is probably some rich man living in huge house with 6 children. All we know is he has Black hair, brown eyes and he has claw marks and scars all over his body. The way Isabella describes them, it sounds like Coyotes did a number on this man. Isabella does not know what I am or who I am, all she knows is that my name is Mirabel and I’m there to help her.

I don’t know why I’m helping this young Harlot, but for some unknown reason I feel like I should. She is but 16 years of age and she is unmarried, I feel like I should at least help her deliver. She told me that if she has a baby boy she wants to name him William, she wants to name him after the poet William Blake. And if it is a girl she wants to name her Lucile, I don’t like the girl’s choice of name but it was Isabella’s mother’s name. I know Isabella for 5 months now, I found her when she was 4 months pregnant. It was not visible yet that she was pregnant, and she could hide it with corsets, but any woman could see that she was expecting a child.

I felt bad for poor Bella. She had no one to help her raise a child and has to do it on her own. I wonder how she will survive with no money to raise the poor child, and no man would want to hear from a youthful Harlot that she gave birth to ‘his’ child and is expecting him to help her financially. I would just sink my claws into his face if I had to ask him politely for money to help raise ‘his’ child, and I’m not even the mother!

But there was one big problem… we don’t know who he is! Only Bella has seen his face and can show me who he is but… we can’t find him. We looked around in the town day and night looking for this mysterious man, but all we could find out was his name ‘James’… Well that helped a lot *note the sarcasm*

Bella came inside the room I was sitting with a frown on her face. I looked over at her with a frown on my face as well. That was until I saw her clench her belly for life and death “What’s wrong Bella?” she looked at me frightened “The baby… It’s coming!” she cried in pain. ‘Her water must have broken while she was taking a bath’ my wolf told me with concern clear in her voice.

I ran towards the living room table and cleared it, throwing all the stuff on the floor and sweeping it aside with my foot “Come Bella! Over here!” I yelled at her. She walked over towards the table and I laid her down on top of it. I felt like I was being watched but shrugged it off and placed my attention back on Bella “Alright love, I want you to breath in and out slowly and heavily” and Bella did as I said.

James POV

After I found out that a youthful Harlot was carrying my child, I couldn’t help but track her down to a little cottage in the woods. I walked over towards the cottage but herd yelling and cursing. I thought it would be better if I turn into my Coyote self and look through the window to find out what was happening. When I did so, I found the Youthful Harlot Isabella lying on a table crying of pain with her legs wide open… she was giving birth. My eyes grew wider when a young lady came out with doctor tools.