Chapter 9

1814

Mirabel’s POV

  “Lucile… Wake up sweet heart” I told Lucile as I sit next to her on her tiny bed. She starts to move around, mumbling things.

“What? Why? Let me sleep mother!” she groaned and rolled over on her stomach. I sat up straight and turned my head to her “Fine I guess someone doesn’t want to turn today… on her 18th birthday… when I make her a forever young” I say and she immediately perks up and sits straight.

“Today?!” she asks eyeing me with wide eyes. I nod and she jumps out of bed in her white night gown. I stand up and fix my puffy commoners dress and walk out of the room so she could get dressed, but before I left, I heard her yell “Mother! Help me put on my corset please?”

I smile at her “Love, I suggest you leave the corset for now… turning will just rip it from your body anyway” I tell her as her eyes grow wide.

As I leave her room once more, I see something horrific “Lord Jesus! Beth put some clothes on!” I yell at Beth and apologize at the lord for using his name in vain. I’m not even catholic, yet I still apologize, but it’s not like I can prays my own mother so… I just believe in all gods, not praying to any of them.

“No, I shall not. I am not walking around with those stupid dresses, it makes you look like a tea cup!” she says making me laugh “Then lend one of mine, they’re not as puffy” I tell her, but she shakes her head “Dresses make me feel stupid. Why can’t I just where trousers like the men do?” she asks.

I stare at her stupidity “Fine but I’ll customize them to make them tight, yet easy to move in and we’ll all where them under our dresses when going out and you can where them here at home without the dress, but you must where a corset. I refuse to look at your naked body once more” I say sternly.

She nods and goes to put on some undergarments. I swear if she puts on men’s clothing, I will start calling her Ben!

I walk into the kitchen and see Lillian holding… Lucifer?!

“Good God is that… Lucifer?!” I ask in the most shocked tone. Lucifer jumps out of Lillian’s arms and shifts into his 16 year old human looking handsome as ever. He walks closer to give me a hug but I move back “What is wrong with people today, walking around nude!” I go to the closet and take out some trousers I found on a dead body Beth brought home one night after going “out”

Lucifer puts it on and moves in for an embrace, but what I didn’t expect is him not letting go of me and start crying. That had put me on edge. Lucifer is like a son to me and he knows it, though he calls me Bell.

“What’s wrong Lu? What happened are you alright?” I ask all these random questions hoping to get a reaction from Lucifer. He just grabs tighter onto me and cries “I couldn’t stop them!” he yells making me flinch.

What happened that he couldn’t stop? I sit down on the floor with him in my arms as I cradle the fragile feline boy “What happened sweet heart?” I asked him and he looks up into my eyes with his tear stained ones “They burned it… They burned the cemetery where our home was before you left!” he sobs again.

My eyes start to water… I buried my mother and father there after bringing them with me everywhere. The cemetery was lively and looked like a meadow with gravestones a really rare view… And I buried my mother, the moon goddess there because it was as beautiful as her.

“I dug them up and brought them with me Bell… I would never leave them behind” Lucifer tells me and I sigh. Thank the heavens, I don’t know what I would do if I had to leave them in a burned down graveyard. But the question stays “Who would do such a thing?” I asked no one in particular.