Chapter 29

Year 1871

Mirabel's POV

I wake up to a blaring parrot right next to me. I grab the parrot and bring it to my face as I hiss at it like a cat. "Demon lady! *squawk* Demon lady!" it blared once more before I throw the struggling bird with all my might in the direction of the open door, making him shoot through the door and off the ship... unfortunately... It can fly...

It continued to squawk the same infernal sentence over and over. I get up and move out of the room. I see Matthew swatting the parrot away from himself, annoyed. I laugh and walk towards the captain. We were close to the island, but it was still quite dark, but morning, since I saw the uprising sun.

The captain looks at me in a calm curious matter. "What is it that you want at this Island?" he asked curiously. "There is a chest full of jewellery that belonged to my family and they were robbed of it. Inside is my- my grandmothers remedies that are very dangerous. I must receive it," I say bending the truth a bit.

"Matthew is what she's saying true?" captain asked Matthew. He looked at me and looked back at his father. "No father," he says smugly. Captain turned to me. "Speak the truth," he demanded.

"Fine, the remedies are mine..." I say bitterly. The captain looked at Matthew. "It's true father," he says frowning. "That is impossible, you are but a child, this map is dated at least 30 years ago, maybe more, the hand writing is poorly done," he said squinting at my arm.

"Yes, I know... I am forever young... My mother's gift for me before she died," I say. He looked at me shocked. "You mean she was burned for witch craft?" he asked shocked. "No, she was murdered by vampires," I answer.

Captain looked at me "How old are you...? He asked cautiously. "I am 775 years of age... I am an Angel Wolf, a rare species, I am telling you this because you clearly know of the supernatural world, since your son is a werewolf, probably inherited it by his mother," I say as I turn to watch the water, making sure no mermaid passed us.

"Who is your mother...?" the man asked shocked and slightly breathless from sadness. "My mother has many names, but her human name is Selene... to the supernatural... The Moon Goddess," I say with my gaze still on the waves of the ocean.

Both Matthew and his father gasped. "If you have wings why don't you fly here," he asked after a long pause. "Because my dear captain, the island was booby-trapped by pirates... I am no pirate; I don't think like one, I just possess the map. I needed help... plus I've always been the rebellious type of person, doing things that other's feared to do... I died more than I could count, but I've never lived as much as I am now... Alive, but not able to die... regenerating over and over again. No fear of death, forever to decide, no limits, no expectations... we heal... They say you only live once... I live... forever..." I say in a daze as I watch the mermaids swim around underneath the water

"Can you change a person...?" the captain asked. "Only wolves... They must be half beast to be able to make a half angel creature of pureness," I say watching the creatures that lurk underneath the boat like a creature stalking its prey to find a weakness.

"Can you turn my son...?" the captain spoke softly, asking a question I never thought a pirate would ask. "You see, my time is becoming shorter as I stand here with you know, and my son must take my place as captain once I pass..." he whispers sadly.

We hear the singing of mermaids. "All hands on deck! Stay away from the sides of the ship, to not listen to their obnoxious voices, Ignore it!" I yell. "Listen to the lady, men!" Captain yells. They all cover their ears as I steer us toward the beach, not stopping until the boat hits the sand.