Chapter 18

Year 1971

Mirabel’s POV

“Come, Elizabeth! We’re going to be late dammit!” I yell at Lizzy. “Fuck you, I’m coming!” she yells back. “We were told to check if the damn rumours were real, not to run to an event in heals!” Lucy yells. “The event is held by the suspect,” I say calmly as we get into a cab to head to the event.

“If he truly is a vampire, than what do we do? It’s not like we could kill him,” Lilly whispers in the car next to me. “We enjoy the show,” Lizzy whispers back. “What do you mean?” Lucy whispers back at her.

“I mean, there is a witch that has it out for him. She killed his former love because he refused to love her. She also killed his parents for the exact same reason and her excuse was that they were keeping them apart. She also made sure his family would suffer further by cursing them. She had also took they’re family business way from them by opening a better one. She’s an immortal witch,” Lizzy whispers to us.

“Sounds like we should become witch hunters instead of vampire hunters,” Lilly huffs as we exit the car and enter the manor. “Neat, they got Alice Cooper to play!” Lizzy yells excitedly, running over but I yank at her shoulder. “You idiot, sniff out the bloody vampire!” I whisper yell at her.

She huffs and walks off. Lucy comes closer to me “There is another werewolf here, but she is uninvolved, probably turned,” she whispers pointing at a young blond girl near Alice Cooper. “Mommy, where’s daddy? He’s been gone for so long. Is he ever coming home?” she opens for Cooper.

As he starts singing I could see her mother glaring at her. She must be the misfit of the family. “No need to worry, she’s harmless,” I tell Lucy.

I then mind link everyone to stay out of sight and observe. Suddenly a woman with a red sparkly evening gown walks in and head up the stairs. “Stay down here, I’ll be right back,” I tell Lucy. I follow the blond woman up the stairs and towards the balcony doors. She watches as a pale man kisses a young woman. She scratches the post in anger and turns around so that her face is in my view. Her face cracks right underneath the eyes and she storms off.

She is the witch! I run downstairs as soon as she’s out of my view and head toward Lucy who was looking at one of the dancers weirdly. As I come closer she spotted me but still watched the dancer “Is she not ashamed? She looks like a prostitute in a cage,” Lucy asks. “Lucy, she is a prostitute in a cage,” I say pulling her way from the caged prostitute.

“I saw the witch and know for sure that the man that lives here is a vampire,” I say and mind link the rest what I had just told Lucy.

Soon the party ended and we had watched them for quite a while. That was until their fishery was blown up by the wicked which her. She also had the town wrapped around her finger and told them that the vampire was a murderer and they were right in front of the manor now.

“Open up!” the police officer yelled. The rest of the conversation we didn’t hear because Lizzy and I were following the nanny into the woods. We tried to make her fall over because if she didn’t stop walking she would end up over the edge of the mouton, next to the ocean.

Soon we saw that the manor was on fire. “What did they do?” Lizzy asked annoyed. “Maybe it wasn’t them and it was the witch,” I say and she shrugs “Could be a possibility.”

She’s really close to the edge now. We hear a man yelling ”Victoria!” a few feet away so we climb the trees. As soon as we made it high enough the man ran past us at an inhuman speed “It’ the vampire!” Lizzy whisper yells as we jump off the tree and run after him.