Chapter 22

Year 2008

Mirabel's POV

This is a horrible day... I've been invited to a funeral. Not just anyone's funeral... It's Mindy Parker's funeral. Remember the little girl we helped in 2006, well she was killed and they closed the case because they didn't have "enough evidence"

Well I say that's bullshit so what I'm gonna do in my 12 year old looking body is ask as many questions as possible to as many people as possible. I can also ask her sister now since I don't look like a nerd and I'm actually "pretty" as Lilly describes it.

Yes, the girls are all here in their 12 year old forms while 11-15 year olds drool over us. Yes being an angel has its perks like being beautiful, but it isn't a perk if you're like Lizzy, Lucy and I- we fucking hate attention and try to stay as low as possible, the only reason Lilly doesn't mind is because he was born that way- being a Vixen and all...

"Does anyone have something to say about the deceased?" the priest asks as her sister stands up wiping tears from her face. I sniff the air and direct my senses to her tears, smelling it... fake... her tears are fake! Yes you can smell the difference if you have a really good nose.

Mandy stands on the stage looking like a drug addict/slut/whore person- as always- except the drug addict part. She must have spent hour making her make-up look that way so people would feel sorry for her pathetic ass... bitch...

"I would just like to say... that believe it or not... she was my twin sister *sniff* *sniff* Yes I know it's hard to believe," she says making my mouth drop and anger starts boiling within me. "Yes, she wasn't as popular and pretty as me, but I can assure you that she had a pretty heart," she says the last part with a hint of distaste but covers it up with a cough.

I take a deep breath to calm myself but also notice that I'm not the only one. Chris is a few seats away from us clenching his fists. Yes they we're mates and now that Mindy's dead it's like Chris lost half of himself and he has this 'I don't give a shit!'  Attitude and hates everyone except Shawn, Mike, Lizzy and I.

 Yes I said Shawn and Mike. You see after Lizzy and I left and El was dead they were more happy and caring knowing that if they weren't I'd kill them too *innocent smile*

They became like Chris was- a rebellious bad boy that bullies, bullies. Now that's the best kind of bully in my opinion. And to be quite honest the only thing that I dislike about them is how damn flirty they were- yes even if their better people, they are still players. Even at the age of 12!

They started following Chris and since Chris was dating Mindy they kind of started thinking of her as they're little sister. So... obviously Shawn and Mike are both at Chris' sides trying to contain themselves from ripping that bitch's vocal cords out.

"Yes she might not have been the captain of the cheerleading team, the volleyball team or the Junior prom queen, but she was a lot more *sniff* *sniff* she was my sister- which is such a honour," she continues making the anger boil from my stomach to my chest and to my throat making me feel like a volcano that will soon erupt.

I look around on the floor ignoring the bitch before I kill her. I find a stone near my foot since the funeral was outside, and pick it up aiming for her head. Lizzy bit her lip trying to contain her laughter and soon I through the pebble straight at her head making it fly into her eye. Fuck.

I sink in my seat and pretend to look as shocked as everyone else- did I mention that I'm a fantastic actress...

"Who the fuck did that?!" she yelled clutching her bleeding eye. "Be grateful bitch at least it didn't go through your head...." I mumble. Chris quickly turns to the direction of my voice and when he spots me he smiles "It was you wasn't it?" he mumbles turning to look in front of him. "Duh..." I mumble holding back my grin.