Seven:

Seven:

"Vasily asked you out?" Alina was at lunch with Genya. When she had told her what had happened in class, Genya had repeated the same question at least three times.

Alina sighed. "Genya, my answer is not going to change. Yes, Vasily asked me out. Yes, I'm going out with him."

"I'm just surprised. I didn't think Vasily did relationships."

"He told me he didn't, but I'm not really looking for a relationship. I told him I was fine with casual, and so we're going to go out and see what happens. At least I'll finally have a date."

Genya gripped the soda that she had tightly with both of her hands. "Okay, but are you going to sleep with him?"

Alina shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe. It depends on where the night takes us."

Genya laughed. "I can't believe that you actually got someone to ask you out, and that it was Vasily Lantsov of all people. You know the Lantsovs are one of the richest families in Ravka? And that they are prepping Vasily for a career in politics?"

"I know he's a political science major."

"Oh! Maybe you'll end up a politician's wife."

Alina snorted. "Slow your role, Gen. I'm not looking for marriage. All I'm trying to do is to do what most people have done by the time they are fifteen and go on a date."

Genya smiled. "I'm so happy for you. Oretsev must be fuming."

She shrugged. "I don't know. I didn't tell him. In fact, I don't think I'm going to be hanging out with Mal for a long time. You know that he punched Morozova just because he was talking to me?"

Genya's eyes widened. "When did Aleks talk with you?"

"This morning, when I was at the The Dime Lions Café. He comes there before he goes to workout sometimes. I've seen him in there before, but he usually ignores me. This time, he sat down and...."

Genya tilted her head to the side. "And what?"

Alina sighed. "He tried to seduce me at the table. Both of the words pussy and cock came from his mouth."

"And you didn't melt entirely?"

"I was too busy watching Mal punch his lights out to worry about melting."

"I can't believe you haven't given into him yet. I thought for sure that he would seduce you. I mean, he's gorgeous."

Alina laughed. "He might be gorgeous, but he's also an asshole. He also only wants to sleep with me because he's trying to get back at Mal."

Genya coughed. "Um, did he tell you that?"

"No. But I know they've got some kind of weird feud, and I'm not an idiot. Morozova probably thought that he could get back at Mal for whatever petty grievance he has against him.

Genya bit her lip. "That's not it at all. At least as far as I know."

Alina raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean, at least as far as you know?"

"I mean that Aleksanders been asking you about since your first night here. Remember that party we went to when Mal was rushing the Frat?" Genya asked. "Haven't you noticed the way that he never kicks you out of the frat? That he always talks to you whenever you're around? That he goes to the same coffee place as you?"

"There's one coffee place on campus," Alina reminded her.

"Okay, fine, don't believe me. But I think that Aleksander genuinely likes you."

"Aleksander doesn't like anyone. Aleksander uses people. All he sees is a chance to use me to get back at Mal. Or someone to play with. I am not a toy, and I want someone that actually likes me."

"What makes you think that Vasily it that guy?"

"He's cute. He's breathing. He doesn't scare easily. I'm okay with Vasily." Alina took a bite of the sandwich she had in her hand and took a drink of the soda that was next to her. "Can't you just be excited for me?"

Genya sighed. "I am excited. I would just be more excited if my ship were canon. I think you and Aleks would have beautiful children."

Alina rolled her eyes. "I'm not sleeping with Aleksander, I'm not going to be have any children anytime soon, and even if I were to get pregnant, it's not going to be Aleksander Morozova that does it."

"The lady doth protest too much."

Alina glared daggers at her. "Why am I friends with you again?"

"We're roommates, and I have a delightful personality."

"Yeah, well I'm waiting for the delightful personality part of it because so far it has yet to manifest. So far, all I've witnessed is you being a pain in the ass and trying to interfere with my love life."

Genya chuckled. "I'm emotionally invested, and I want my best friends to be happy. With each other."

"Aleksander Morozova is one of your best friends?"

"Yes, he's one of the few people that is as hot as me that doesn't try to get in my pants."

"He hasn't?" Alina frowned. "Why?"

"It's a little complicated, and not really my story to tell. But he's not as bad as everyone thinks that he is, you know? I really think you should give him a chance. I think you'd be really good together."

Alina sighed. "I'm not giving Aleksander Morozova a chance. Never, in a million years, ever. So keep on dreaming, Genya. It's not going to happen.

"The lady doth----"

"Saints, you're annoying."

Genya just grinned.