Twenty-one:

Twenty-one:

He was taking Alina out to 'hang out'. They were actually doing something off campus, and he had held her hand. He felt like a giddy schoolgirl, and he kept on tapping his fingers on the side of his steering wheel as they drove. Alina laughed at him, and she was smiling, which was far better than her curled up in a ball on his bed crying.

"Will you please keep your hands on the steering wheel?" Alina demanded.

"I'm sorry, I can't help it," he said, "I hoped, I dreamed, I burned, I pined, I perished at the thought that this day would ever come. I'm going to lunch with Alina Starkov. The stars have aligned. The Saints are on our side. I can feel it, sweetheart. You and me, we're gonna be epic together. It's all happening, you know?"

Alina snorted. "You're absolutely insane."

"Maybe, but I know a good thing when I see it, and we are a good thing. We're vibing."

"Alright, Peacock. Where are you taking me to?"

"Oh, that's a secret."

"A secret. What if I've got a food allergy?"

"Do you have a food allergy?" he asked. "What about a latex allergy?"

Alina blushed. "No. To both."

"Good to know," he said. "Anyway, I've got you covered, sweetheart. I can make the restaurant fit whatever dietary restrictions you might need, promise. But I think you're going to be fine."

"Can you at least tell me what type of place it is we're going to?"

"Well, I can tell you that I'm friends with the owner."

"You're friends with the owner?" Alina echoed.

Aleksander nodded. "My friend Brekker was adopted by this guy named Pekka Rollins. But Rollins used him more as an employee than a son. Had him do all kinds of shady shit and er, Brekker came to my mom about it. Said that he could either have Rollins arrested for all of the criminal activities that he was in, or the guy could give him one of his businesses and make him go away. The Crow Club is Kaz's baby."

"I thought that was in Ketterdam."

"The original is in Ketterdam. Kaz has a chain of them. In fact, bastard was one of the first to get a chain location in Os Alta. You know how strict our government is about crap. But The Crow Club is one of the fanciest chains in the world, and Ravkaans well, we like our fancy shit."

Alina laughed. "That we do. The Crow Club is where you are taking me? Isn't that the place where they serve that chocolate dessert that looks like The Grand Palace? The one that was turned into the Ravkaan capitol after the revolution?"

Aleksander nodded. "It's got gold leaf detailing and everything, and the inside has ice cream and a brownie."

"I've only ever seen videos of it. It's supposed to be divine, and I've always loved chocolate. It's my go to snack."

Aleksander smirked. "Then, we'll feast on chocolate, Alina."

"You can't be serious."

"I am absolutely serious. You've already cried on my shoulder, let me shop for you, and let me hold your hand. Maybe you will even let me kiss you because of your gratitude for the chocolate."

"I'm not kissing you just because you got me chocolate. If I kiss you, it's going to be because I want to kiss you."

"Well," he said, "chocolate is supposed to be a sensual dessert. A man can hope, can't he?"