Sixty-nine:

A/N: I'm currently waiting on some stuff at work so I'm in a little bit of a funk right now so there might not be as many updates as there normally are. 

Sixty-nine:

Alina made her appointment with her OBGYN, after her and Aleksander had their classes. They drove over to her doctor's office. Alina had finally stopped throwing up, but even the slightest smell left her a little nauseous. Alina gripped Aleksander's hand tightly as they entered the doctor's office. "Are you okay?" Aleksander asked as they walked in. Alina bit down on her lip.

"I'm nervous," she said, "I know we talked about this, but I don't know how I want it to go. On the one hand, I love you, and I'm excited about a new chapter for us. On the other...then we're going to be parents."

Aleksander squeezed her hand. "It's going to be okay, sweetheart. Whatever happens, you and I are going to be okay."

She made a face at him of annoyance. "How can you possibly be so calm about everything? I'm a bundle of anxiety."

"I just have faith that we're going to be okay. We've got money. I've been signed to the football team. You're going to graduate and get a job somewhere. Yeah, it's a little sooner and faster then either of us probably thought that it would happen, but it's going to happen."

Alina smiled. "You don't want me to get rid of it?"

Aleksander sighed, running a hand through his hair. "If you want to, I'll support you. But...I think we can do this."

She stood on her tip toes to kiss him. "I think we can do this too."

"Alright, so shall we go find out if we made baby Starkovoza?"

"Starkovoza?"

"Well, baby Starkov-Morozova was a mouth fool. I compromised, plus it's much more trendy this way."

Alina kissed him again. "I love it." She laughed a little. "You're a little bit of a dork, you know that?"

He scowled at her. "Hardly. I'm a bad boy. I'm the night. I am the thing people warn girls not to date."

"Maybe I should not have the baby with you and run off with someone that is a little bit more respectable."

Aleksander made a face. "Don't you dare. If you were to run, I would chase you to the ends of the earth, Starkov. You've got to know that don't you?"

"I know that," said Alina with a smile, "ready to go find out if we've got a baby Starkovoza?"

Aleksander nodded. "Let's go." The two of them went into the doctor's office. Alina went to check in, and then they found a seat. Aleksander kept hold of her hand the entire time. Then the nurse came, and called the two of them in.

The doctor was a kind woman, with blond hair, and blue eyes. "Mrs. Starkov?" the doctor said.

Alina blushed. "Miss Starkov. I'm not married. Not yet."

"Oh, sorry. Is this the father?" she glanced at Aleksander.

Aleksander smiled. "Yeah, I am. Aleksander."

"Nice to meet you. Doctor Udachi."

"Nice to meet you too. You going to take good care of my girl, doc?"

The woman smiled. "Well, today is just an ultrasound to see if she is pregnant. You said on the phone you had taken some at home pregnancy tests?"

"Three," said Alina, "and all of them said Whoomp! There it is, a long with the nausea so..."

The doctor chuckled. "Alright, well, usually I would want to do a pregnancy test on my own but with the symptoms you've been describing to me it sounds like you might be pretty far along."

Alina made a face. "How far?"

"Oh, about six weeks I'd say."

Aleksander coughed and Alina glanced at him. "No, it's not..." Alina shook her head. "No. Harvest Weekend was the last week in November...that would mean..."

Aleksander grinned and kissed her forehead. "Seems we were meant to be, Starkov."

The doctor watched them dreamily. "You're an adorable couple. Six weeks significant?"

Alina sighed. "That means this bastard got me pregnant on my first try."

The doctor chuckled. "Well, we don't know yet but why don't you put on your robe and I'll be right back and then we can get started, yeah?"

"Yeah," Alina muttered, while Aleksander sat in the chair across from the examine table with a shit eating grin on his face. Alina glowered at him once the doctor left to give him a bit of privacy. "Oh, shut up," Alina said as she changed into the robe.

Aleksander chuckled. "Hey, I haven't said one thing, sweetheart."

"No, but I can see it all over your face. You are absolutely thrilled with yourself that you got me pregnant on the first try?"

"If it had happened with anyone else, that might have been cause for concern. But it happened with you, and that means you are mine, Starkov."

Alina blushed. "I can't believe you got me pregnant on the first try."

"I can. I've got a magic dick."

Alina rolled her eyes. "That is the douchiest thing you've ever said. Think of the baby, Aleksander. It had to hear your nonsense."

"It's in your stomach, I can't corrupt the kid for another nine months."

There was a knock on the door. "Are you ready for me to come in?" the doctor asked.

"Yes," Alina said, and the door opened, revealing the doctor again.

"Alright," said the doctor, and she took her seat across from Alina, and turned on the ultrasound. "Turn on your side for me, will you?"

Alina did, and let the doctor proceed with the ultrasound. It was a little bit of poking and prodding before the doctor said, "Ah! There they are. It's too soon to tell if it's a boy or a girl, but you, Miss Starkov are definitely pregnant and there is your little spot."

Alina let out a soft oh, and Aleksander, who was standing right next to her, gripped her hand. She glanced over him, and he appeared to be wiping something away from her eye. "Oh, Morozova," she said, "are you...are you crying?"

"No," he sniffed, wiping away at his eyes.

Alina smiled. "Oh, you are. You're crying. You big softie."

"I'm not a softie," Aleksander scowled, "I am a badass. I am The Night!"

The doctor reached out and patted him on the shoulder. "It's okay. Lots of fathers cry on the first ultrasound. It's a very emotional moment."

Aleksander sighed and wiped his face. He leaned over, and he kissed Alina on the head. "We've got a baby, Starkov."

"Yeah, we do," she said, beaming up at him.

The doctor rattled off some other things to them and then they made a second appointment for later. When the doctor was done, she left them to let Alina get dressed. Once Alina was done, Aleksander and her left the room and then Aleksander settled her bill back out in the doctors office waiting room.

When they were outside of the hospital, Aleksander picked her up around the waist and twirled her around, making Alina laugh. "What was that for?" Alina said.

"For making me happy," Aleksander said, and then he brushed back a strand of her hair that had fallen into her face back behind her ear. And then he kissed her.