4

Sadie

The elevator up to my therapy room seamed to be taking years. I have to talk to Amy about my confusion.. I know she'll just say it's the grief, but I just need reassurance... I also have to tell her about Demi following me on Twitter.

Eventually, elevator doors opened and I stepped out. As I walked down the hall, I let my finger skim across the wall, lining all the cracks.

But, when I turned the corner to go to Amy's room, I was met with something I definitely wasn't expecting.

Demi was sitting on a couch outside her room. Immediately, my legs felt like jello and I know for sure my face is as red as a crab.

"Hey," Demi said, as a smiled spread across her face.

"Hi," I smiled back.

She seamed to be in a trance because she laughed to herself and shook her head, "Amy isn't here. She must be on lunch or something. You can sit here and wait with me, though."

I felt a gazillion butterfly's swarming my stomach as I agreed, then sat down by her.

"Sadie, right?"

As if she doesn't know.

"Yeah," I nodded, "And you're Demi."

She nodded happily, "Yes."

"I've heard a lot about you for the past few days." I slightly laughed.

She blushed, then broke eye contact. "Yeah, same here." Then, she shook her head. "I mean, I've heard about you the past couple days, not me."

I laughed at her nervousness, "I know."

"Oh my god," her mouth gaped, "You like Paramore?!"

I looked down at my Paramore t-shirt that was under my flannel and smiled.

"Yeah! I got this at one of their concerts when they were on tour a few years ago." I smiled.

"I have the same one! No Doubt 2009 tour?!" She asked.

"Yes!" I said, completely surprised. We have the same one?!

By now, we're both turned towards each other rambling on and on about music, because we have the same taste in everything. I didn't know Demi and I would have so much in common.

Thirty minutes. That's how long I've been sitting here talking about Demi. Never once did our conversation falter or get boring. This is the most fun I've had in forever.

She threw her head back laughing, as did I, over a story she was telling about when she was touring last year.

When our laughter died down she said, "Do you want to go get coffee with me or something? I don't think she's coming back and I know this cute little Starbucks down the road.."

"Yeah, sure!" I said, giddily. I'll do anything to be with Demi just a little bit longer.

She held her hand out to help me up, and when I latched on, I felt my insides melt. All I want to do is intertwine our fingers together.. But after I stood, I let go.

As she led us to the elevator, she carried on about the first time she met Paramore and I couldn't help but get lost in the sound of her voice and the way she's perfected multitasking of laughing and talking. How her laugh goes high pitched then goes lower.. It's the most adorable thing ever.

As she finished her story, the elevator doors opened and we walked out.

"So what about you?" Demi asked me.