25

Sadie

"Madison, can you get those things out of the oven?" Dallas asked from the kitchen table, chopping up vegetables.

Today is Super Bowl Sunday, and Demi, Marissa, and I are at Diannas preparing the snacks. Honestly, I don't watch or get football but I'm pretty excited for the food.

"Mmm." Demi mumbled, wrapping her arms around my waist and watching me make a pizza ring we saw on Pinterest.

"Does it look good so far?" I asked, sprinkling cheese and pepperonis.

"Yup." She said, planting a soft kiss on my neck, then whispered, "But you look better."

I blushed as she pulled away, and took a seat at the island. No one really trusts her to make the food, so she just helps when it's needed.

"It smells good in here!" Eddie said, walking into the kitchen. "Marissa are you making my favorite pigs in a blanket?"

"After I finish making this cheese ball." She smiled, continuing to work. "Where is the stuff anyway?"

"Demi was in charge of getting those!" Dianna said, making her way through the kitchen.

I looked over and saw Demi's eyes bulge as she laughed nervously. Of course, she forgot. I tried to hide my laugh, but I couldn't.

"Demetria, did you forget?!" Eddie said, pouting.

"Well, ya' see..." She said, nervously smiling as everyone giggled and shook their head. If someone was too forget, it would be her.

"You had one job!" Marissa and Dallas joked with her.

"Okay, okay, I'll run to the store!" Demi said, jumping from the stool.

"Watch her forget what she's going for." Eddie joked around, nudging her as she passed by.

"Babe, where's your keys?" She asked me, digging around in my purse.

"Uh..." I peered over my shoulder and spotted them on the counter. "By Dallas."

She swiped them off, then she was on her way. "I'll be back."

"Here, I'll put this in the oven for you." Madison said, taking my pizza ring away.

I thanked her, then stepped aside to get observe the kitchen. Marissa, Dallas, Dianna, Madison and I all were assigned jobs and have been working all morning. The pizza ring was basically my last job, so now I don't know what to do. I spotted Dianna doing dishes, so I'll help her.

"You wash, I dry, yeah?" I smiled, as she moved aside.

"You don't have to do that!" She said, swatting me away with a towel.

"I want too!" I smiled, taking a dish from her hands.

"So, what were you up too last year during Super Bowl?" She asked, just making causal conversation.

I thought back to last year. It was right before I stopped going to campus and began online schooling, then moved to LA.

"I was at Stanford studying with a few of my roommates. Probably got some food or something.. I really don't remember." I shrugged.