32

Demi

Wow. I look around my apartment and see over half of our stuff packed into boxes. This is really happening. We start moving into the new house tomorrow. With our belongings, I pack the memories we made also.

"Hey, you ready?" Sadie asked from the kitchen.

"Yeah, yeah I'm coming." I grabbed my car keys and walked straight to where she was drinking the last bit of her coffee. As soon as she set it down, I attach my lips to hers.

"Now I'm ready." I said, grabbing her hand, and walking out the door.

"Isn't weird that this is one of the last times we'll walk out of there?" Sadie wondered aloud.

"Definitely." I confirmed. It's the only place, besides the sober living home, I've lived in since I came out of rehab. Change is weird but change is good. This change is good.

"I'll box the kitchen if you do the bathroom?" She questioned. "Or reverse."

"I'll do the bathroom but you have to organize the makeup stuff because that stresses me out."

"I don't think I'm putting that stuff in boxes, but I'll organize that. I'll do that for you." We negotiated.

"Thanks babe." She's the best. "Do we need that tissue stuff to wrap around the frames so they don't brake?"

"Already got it." Sadie cheesed up at me.

"Good, because we got a lot of pictures."

"Oh yeah, I ordered a few picture canvas's of us for that blank hallway."

I laughed as we approached my car in the parking garage. "Nice, babe. We really need more pictures." I said sarcastically, but joking. I love pictures of us and wouldn't mind if she covered the whole house in them.

"Oh, hush." She smiled as we both got in the car and began our journey.

"Babe, will you call my mom and tell her we're on our way?" I asked.

"Sure.. but why?"

"She wasn't sure if I needed to stop by the store and bring somethings for lunch or not yet, so I told her we'd call." I came up with the quickest lie ever.

In a mere matter of seconds, I could already hear my mom on the phone.

"Hey, Demi wanted me to call and say we're on our way and wanted to know if you needed anything?"

"Nope!" My overly excited mother basically yelled into the phone. "See ya' in a few! Love you guys!"

"We love you too!" Sadie laughed, hanging up. "She's happy tonight!"

"So am I." I said, then turning to her. "Because I'm with you." I spoke in the cheesiest voice ever.

"Babe, you're so cute." She giggled.

I sighed, steering with one hand and holding hers with the other. I feel bad for everyone who doesn't have a love like me and Sadie. I'm so, so, so in love. It's ridiculous.

"Dems, I really think we should get a moving truck tomorrow or like at least a U-Haul, ya know? It would just make everything easier."

"We'll figure it out, I promise." Little does she know, I have a trick up my sleeve.

"Okay, stubborn." She bopped me in the nose with her index finger.

I wish I could tell her why we don't need those trucks, but she'll just have to wait. Then I won't be stubborn anymore. Hah.