26

Sadie

"Are you done yet?" Demi whined in my ear for the thousandth time. I'm trying to get all my homework assignments for the next week done so I can spend more time with Demi, but she isn't making it very easy.

"I have one more page and then I'll be finished." I said, glancing over at my textbook, then typing the answer on my computer.

I know she's trying so hard to be patient and it's so adorable. It's like she's restless because she keeps flipping positions on the couch. Her head on my shoulder, then her feet in my lap and laying down, then she'll get up and walk around.

I don't know how she's so bored when she's going to be on the Ellen show tomorrow and leaving straight from there to Grammy weekend! Like what the fuck?! I think I'm more excited than her.

Although, I don't leave with her. I leave the day after to meet her there which is a day before Valentine's Day.

"Babe." She sounded like a little kid, begging their mom for something. She tightened her grip on my arm, but I ignored it.

"Can you work on that tomorrow?" She complained yet again. "We're about to go a whole day without seeing each other."

"No. I have to do this now." I said.

She huffed, and untangled her arm from mine, then moved to the other end of the couch. She's so dramatic sometimes, but it's kinda cute.

What she doesn't understand is that I'm doing twice the work I should be just so I can spend more time with her and open my schedule to fill it up with hers. I'm not complaining because I would do anything to be with her more than I already am.

I glanced over at her and stared as she pretended to watch whatever was on the TV. Her pouting was too adorable, and I decided this one paper could wait.

Sighing, I set my laptop down on the table in front of the couch and placed my textbook next to it. Demi's faced remained unfazed, but you could see in her eyes she was happy she won.

"Demi." I said, "Come here."

She ignored me, continuing to watch.. I looked over and saw sixty minutes. Demi does not watch sixty minutes. She's totally doing this on purpose.

"Demi.." I tried again. "Please cuddle with me."

Again, ignored. Maybe it's because I haven't used the names I usually call her.

"Baby.." I did in my little voice. "Will you please come cuddle with me?"

She finally looked at me and smiled a little. Without hesitating, she crawled into my arms and down we went. She was literally laying on top of me, but I didn't mind. It's actually really comfortable.

"It's so weird." Demi spoke.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What's weird?"

"How is it possible to love someone so much? Like, it's more than love. I need a bigger word to describe how I feel for you. I.. Just love you." Demi whined, looking up at me.

My stomach did backflips and my heart melted in my chest. She always makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the whole world.

"That's exactly how I feel for you." I said. It's kinda strange knowing that someone feels the same way about you, as you do for them. "Except, I love you ten times more than you love me."