13

Demi's POV

After we sat down on the side of the road and I held Sadie as she sobbed and screamed into the wind, asking God why he took her parents, I helped her back to the car.

I've never seen someone that close to me so broken.. Someone so much like me. How I used to be. What I just saw was like looking on the outside in.

I started the engine up, and took a look at Sadie. He fingertips were touching her lips as she took in sharp and unsteady breaths, staring straight ahead.

Even when she's this sad, she's so beautiful. When she cries, her face pales but the top of her cheeks turn rosy red. Then her eyes turn bright bright blue, with red replacing where the white should be. How does she manage to be to damn beautiful no matter what she's doing?

I reached over and held her hand. "Are you okay, baby?"

She nodded, drawing in deep breaths. "I'm sorry.. Please don't think I'm crazy."

"That is the very last thing I think you are, baby." I assured.

Remembering the path she took to get here, I turned the car around and headed back to her aunts house.

"Thank you." She whispered to me, squeezing my hand.

"You're everything to me. It's my job."

•••

A few hours ago when we arrived to her aunts, we went into the spare bedroom and dropped off our suitcases. After that, we went into the family room where we all sat around and watched a few movies and talked about Sadies new life in Los Angeles.

"Are you ready to go to bed?" Sadie asked.

"Yeah sure." I said, even though I wasn't tired and I'm sure she isn't either.

"Breakfast at 9 am tomorrow!" Her aunt warned. "Holler if you need anything. I.. I love you both."

"I love you too." Sadie said, giving her a hug.

I followed suit and wrapped her aunt in my arms before following Sadie into our room.

I shut the door behind me and walked to my suitcase where I took some shorts out and replaced them on my body instead of my jean shorts.

I turned around just as Sadie was putting her shirt on. Her stomach is kinda toned, but so tan. Her black sports bra is making me feel some type of way. We haven't even had our first kiss yet! I have to get in bed before I get carried away.

Sadie turned off the lights and let out a little squeal, running to the bed and making me laugh.

I felt her snuggle up to me and I cheesed uncontrollably. Good thing it's dark.

"Wanna know a secret?" Sadie asked.

"Yes."

"I'm not really tired." She confessed. "I just don't like being around a lot of people and needed Demi time."

"Awe baby, I know." I said, kissing her on the forehead. "Isn't it crazy we only have tomorrow and then we leave that night? Now that we're here, it's like we should stay a few more days."

"Demi, I love my family so much. But, I'm afraid that if I stay to long, I will get too homesick when we leave. I think leaving tomorrow will be fine."

"Yeah, you're right." I said, wrapping my arms around her.

"I'm sorry about yelling at you today. I didn't mean it-"

"Oh, I know. Don't be sorry. You needed to let all of that out." I told her.

She was silent and all I felt was Sadie's fingers running up and down the palm of my hand.