23

Sadie

"One last gift." Demi smiled to me, then disappeared to our room.

Hours ago, we arrived back in Los Angeles. It's been a long two days, and really, I just want to go to bed with my amazing girlfriend. We're finally doing our private Christmas. I might have gone a tad overboard, but I just want to spoil her.

Demi came back with a small box in her hands, and got down on one knee. My heart stopped.

"Sadie Marie, I love you." She spoke as she remained on one knee with the box still unopened. "The day I met you, I knew you were the one. I remember seeing you crying in the therapy bathroom and thinking to myself you were way to beautiful to be sad and it was my responsibility to make you smile again. I promise to love you unconditionally and do whatever I have to do to keep that smile on your face. I promise I've never loved someone so much in my whole life. I promise to love you through the good times and love you even harder through the bad. I promise 2016 will be our year. So, knowing we are not ready for marriage, but knowing it will definitely come in our future, will you accept this promise ring?"

Tears gathered in my eyes in relief, love, and happiness. As I watch my girlfriend stare up at me with hope in her eyes, I realize she is my future. I know one day, we'll be doing this all over again.. Except I'll be one knee giving her the ring. She deserves all the love in the world.

"Of course, baby!" I smiled, extending my left hand out to let her slide it over my ring finger.

I cupped her face as she rose to her feet and I kissed her lips so softly but with as much passion as I could muster.

"I have one more too, and-" I said, starting to reach behind the pillow on the couch.

"Wait!" Demi said, pushing the box the ring came in, into my hands again. "There's something else in there."

I gently opened the box and inside the silky fluff, lays a single key.

"Your own key for our home." Demi smiled.

I ran my finger along the key, then back to Demi. "I love you so much."

Demi smiled, kissing me again. "I love you more."

I sat the box down and retrieved one from behind the pillow. "So, I guess great minds think alike."

I opened up the box and revealed a promise ring. "Usually when someone interrupts their therapy session, they would be pissed. But when a blue haired Paramore lover barged into mine, I fell in love instantly. Ever sense that day, it's always been about you. You've turned my life upside down and sideways in the best way possible. I'm me again because of you. You made me, me. So, I promise to love you through everything. I promise to hold you when you cry, hold your hand when you're scared, laugh when you're happy, and love you forever. Will you accept my promise ring?"

"Of fucking course." Demi gushed, holding out her hand. "I love you. I love us."

"I love you too, baby." I giggled, holding out the ring. "Look on the inside of it."

"I will follow you into the dark." She read, then smiled up at me.

"After a therapy session, the first time I ever rode in a car with you, you played that song and we declared it our song."