41

Sadie

It's a beautiful day to be alive.

The sun is shining through the bright hotel room, I have a beautiful girlfriend snoozing right beside me, and the future now team is going paint balling today!

Little does Demi know, we're about to be late. But, I cannot wake her up or make any sudden movements to show that I'm awake, because of the trick I have up my sleeve for today.

I felt Demi's usual stretch beside me, grumbling, more stretching, and a mumbled, 'Babe?' Usually I would respond with cuddling her even more than I already am, but I have to pretend I'm passed out cold.

"Baby," She said, shaking me, "Time to get up! We have to leave soon!"

I felt her jump out of the bed to rummage through our bags from Walmart. All of us spent an absurd amount of money on camouflage things for today. Like eye black, shirts, pants, socks, shoes, headbands, and gloves. Demi has been wanting to paintball forever and finally were in a city that has it.

I wait until Demi escapes to the bathroom to jump out of bed and quickly throw on random items of camouflage clothing. Once I'm dressed, I scurry back under the covers, and lay, staring at the ceiling, waiting for my girlfriend. She spends an extra ten minutes doing her makeup. I can hear her muttering 'fuck' every time she messes up on something. If she wastes any more time, we won't be able to go at all.

"Are you ready?" Demi asked, roaming back into the room.

I coughed into my hand. "Yeah,"

"Sadie!" She said, "We have to leave now!" Demi yanked the blanket back and sure enough, here I am decked out in camo.

"I know, I'm ready." I  said, sitting up, fake coughing again.

"Are you sick?" She asked, holding the back of her hand to my lukewarm forehead.

"I feel congested, but I'm fine." I smiled, standing up. "Are you ready for paintball?"

"Yes," she smiled, "I just wish you felt better."

"I'm fine," I promised, "I'll just take a DayQuil or something and be good as new!"

"Okay," She said, trusting me. She leaned in to kiss me, but I looked away and Demi collided with my cheek.

"I don't want you to get whatever I'm coming down with," I said, "You're on tour, you don't need sickness."

Demi caught me off guard by cupping my cheeks and crashing her lips on mine. "I felt your forehead. You're not contagious until you get a fever."

"Whatever you say, doc." I laughed, snaking my arms around her waist. "Besides, I know how excited you are for this and I wouldn't miss it even if I was on my death bed."

I was thinking about faking another sick symptom but then I heard banging on the door and a voice yell , "Time to go, kids!"

She slightly laughed, pulling away from me and grabbing her phone. "Let's go."

"I bought Marissa camouflage stuff but she said her plane got delayed and she's not going to be here until tonight." Demi pouted, seeing her clothes lay neglected on the floor. "Wait.. Why would her flight get cancelled if it's beautiful weather?"