38

Demi

"I'm so excited for tonight," I told Sadie, kissing her neck.

"Yeah," she smiled and shifted uncomfortably.

"What's wrong?" I asked, un-snaking my arms from her waist.

It's the Fourth of July, so Nick and I have to perform at Boston, then we're all going to go to this huge party to watch fireworks.

"Nothing, I'm excited," Sadie forced a smile, showing me her outfit laid out on the hotel bed, "look at the stuff I bought."

"It's cute, but why are you upset?" I asked, ignoring the clothes completely.

She sighed and sat down on the bed, running her hand over the sheets. "When you're with Nick you always smoke those cigars and I don't like it."

I knew she didn't care for them, for some reason, but I don't know why she's letting it affect her mood and make her worry like this.

"It's okay not to like them," I softly laughed, "No one, especially me, is making you try it."

"It's not that," she looked at me in the eyes, "I don't like it when you do it."

"Why not?"

"I just don't. I just don't ever see you do anything like it, I guess. It just reminds me of your old habits.."

"That is absolutely nothing like my old habits. That is literally the only almost bad thing I do and I'm 23. I don't drink, I don't party, I don't do drugs, and I don't do anything anyone my age is doing."

I'm absolutely tired of everyone trying to be my mom. I'm 23 and if I want a puff or sniff something up my damn nose, I'll do it. I don't need everyone watching me 24/7.

"I didn't mean it like that. I just meant it reminded me of it. I'm sorry if I made you upset, I'll just forget about it. Tonight is supposed to be fun." Sadie said, stripping down to her underwear to change. Even though I'm angry the site turns me on. She's so hot.

I ignored her, and went to my own suitcase to find an outfit I would like to wear tonight. Of course, I see nothing. I can never find anything when I'm angry. Just perfect.

"Demi, I'm sorry I said anything. Please don't be mad at me.." Sadie said, standing over me as I ruffle through the bag.

"I'm not mad." I flatly said, examining random shirts as if they actually interested me.

"You know who else wouldn't like seeing you this way?" She asked in a goofy voice. I'm not in the mood for goofy voice.

"Who?" I stood from the ground, maybe to move on to her suitcase to see if she has a top I'd like.

"The tickle monster!" Before I knew it, she threw me down on the bed and her fingers were wiggling in and out of my arm pit, behind me knee cap, and on my tummy.

I squealed and laughed, trying to swat away her hands, but I couldn't stop obnoxiously giggling. "S-stop!"

She stopped for a moment, hovering over me, hands on either side of my head. "Are you still mad at me?"

I couldn't hold back my smile that stretched a thousand miles. "I can't be mad at you."

"That's the answer I like to hear!" Sadie said, leaning down and planting a kiss on me.