48

Sadie

"Can I see your ID?" The man asked behind the counter at Demi's gym.

"Yes, but I'm just here to pick up my girlfriend. She's hurt." I said, pulling out my drivers license. I caught sight of my hand and saw it shaking, barely able to hold onto anything. I worried the whole way here.

He gazed over my ID, typed something in, and then shook his head. "You're not in the system."

"I know I'm not in the system. My girlfriend is hurt in there and I have to take her home." I'm starting to grow so fucking aggravated.

"Who's your girlfriend? Let's see if she's in the system." He said, raising his eyebrows.

I see what he's doing. He thinks I'm trying to sneak in the gym by lying about my girlfriend being in there. What a fuck face.

"Demi Lovato," I try to calmly respond.

He chuckled, "Yeah and my wife's Cher."

My moth fell agape as I stare at the man in disbelief. "My girlfriend is Demi Lovato and I can promise you if you don't let me back there in two seconds I can and I will take your job away."

He scoffed, "I'd like to see you try."

The big door to the gym opened and one of Demi's trainers, Jay, walk out. "Sadie, good, she's been asking nonstop for you."

I made one last glance at the guy, who is staring between the both of us in disbelief, before following Jay back into the gym.

"Who the hell is that guy?" I asked.

"He's Jimmy. It's his first day." He said, leading me past smelly guys lifting weights.

"And his last," I only half joked.

"Yeah, he seems like a tool."

The previous conversation drifted from my mind as the worrying for Demi overcame it. The whole way here I was an overthinking mess. Of course, out of all days, she chose when we're fighting to get hurt.

"Theres our champ," Jay said, tearing me away from my thoughts and pointing to Demi who was sitting on a mat.

"Demetria," I gave a sigh in relief seeing she was still intact, and rushed to her side. "Are you okay? What happened?"

She held an ice pack to her eye and nodded, "I'm fine."

"What happened?" I repeated, kneeling down in front of her and gently holding onto her arm.

She continued to look at the ground, "I had other things on my mind so I kept messing up. I was doing this thing where I'm supposed to duck, and I didn't."

Someone, a guy, punched her in the eye. Are you serious? This is why it sickens me to have her fighting.

"Let me see," I said, holding her chin between my fingers, softly urging her to look up at me.

"It's not that bad-"

I tugged at her arm, and when she pulled away, my stomach felt queasy. Demi's eye was black, blue, purple, and swollen already.

"Oh my gosh," I gasped. It's hurting me just to look at it.

"I'm fine. I don't know why they wouldn't let me drive home-"

"Demi, your eye is swollen shut." I said, applying the ice pack back onto it.

"I'm fine, I feel great." She shrugged, using her free hand to push herself off the ground. "Let's go home."