33

Demi

I could use any word for how much work we've put into moving, but it would be an understatement. From sunrise to sunset, for two days, we spent all day moving our stuff into the house. What was once empty is now filled with our stuff and an exception of a box or two.

Don't get me wrong- I absolutely love mine and Sadie's family. Sadie and I both do. But, we're yearning for some alone time. These people know how to stay up late and they won't go home or to bed. Sadie and I are good hostess's, so we can't just leave them up here.

"11:23.." Sadie sighed, wrapping her arms around my waist from behind.

"You'd think they'd be ready to knock out after all the moving." I said, washing my last dish.

My mom and dad are playing cards with Sadie's aunt and uncle while Madison, Sutton, and Marissa are doing absolutely everything. They'll join cards for a round, tour the house again, watch YouTube videos on the theater screen, and they just never stop moving.

"You guys almost done?" I heard Sadie ask as she walked to the dining room.

"Oh, honey, we're just getting started." My dad said, resulting in the rest of them laughing. Face palm. Face palm. Face palm.

"Hey, we heard you're showing the apartment to someone tomorrow?" Lena, Sadie's aunt, asked as I walked into the room with Sadie.

"Yeah, a girl named Hanna emailed Sadie."

My mom flashed an alarming look that vanished just as quick as it rose. Huh. Wonder what that was about.

"Are you going with Demi?" My mom asked Sadie. See, that's a totally normal question to ask, but the look she is giving is off. Something is up and I have no interest in asking.

"Well, it's their last day here so I thought I'd spend time with them." She said, referring to her family and Sutton.

"Oh, honey, go ahead. It will take, what, an hour? We'll be fine." Her uncle said, dealing out cards.

"Okay." She shrugged, obviously in no mood to protest.

"I'm going to go see what the girls are up too." I declared, leaving the room with my girlfriend at my side.

Well... I'm going to have to invest in walkie talkies. They could be anywhere in this huge house. It's def harder to reach someone not being in a three bedroom apartment.

"Where'd they go?" Sadie asked, seeing that the living room we once left them in is now vacant.

"The movie room." I confidently reported.

I smiled proudly, knowing I found our their location just by one guess. I took the stairs three at a time and took a sharp right to the movie room.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked, which I received no response.

This room, is also, empty. To my defense, there is a movie playing. Just no watchers.

Sadie stiffed a laugh from behind me. "I know where they are," she mocked in an annoying voice. "They're for sure in the movie room."

I playfully punched her in the arm for making fun of me. Maybe they left. Or, better yet, maybe they fell asleep. Now, we only need four more people to knock out so we can have alone time. My thoughts were interrupted by giggling and 'shhh's' coming from our bedroom.

I exchanged a look with my girlfriend before we both tip toed to the bedroom and quietly pushed the door open. Again, empty.

"Be quiet!" I heard Marissa hiss as the three other girls give out a muffled giggle.