The Highlight of the Conference?

I look up as I'm getting back on my feet and see a hand reach out to me.

No way! It was Eraserhead from Japan! What's he doing here?

We knew each other from international conferences over the past few years and from his visit to my hero alma mater. We spoke a few times and always made false promises to stay in touch. Well, false promises are a bit harsh to put it, but we never held up our ends of the connection.

"Eraser! Is it really you? What are you doing at a national conference?" His tired eyes seemed to perk up only slightly for our conversation. 

"I had to come over and see the talents the other side of the world was putting out. It's pretty impressive, and your agency with Weighted Justice is the next big thing we hear."

I had no idea that he even knew about our work, but I was just glad to see him again. He was relatable, and we got along well when we spoke.

"Yeah! We have a lot of top Pros at the moment and want to continue to dominate. Strategy is the top priority."

Eraser looked at me and nodded with a subtle smile. He leaned toward me and spoke in a low tone, "Why don't we catch up after the conference? UA is embarking on a new path and strategy is all we need right now."

"Sure! Let's meet at the front of the building at 4pm."

He then looked at my hero outfit and smirked ever so slightly, "So you had a costume change? The new colors fit well with Weighted Justice's colors since his are red and white. Though, yours is the wrong shade of blue to copy the U.S. flag."

I chuckled while trying to hide my blush and widened eyes at the observation, "Yeah! Teal is my favorite color so I decided to spring for the new look. Plus it helps with my quirk since the fibers have a conducting property that helps me absorb energy from certain surroundings and helps my brain to think and strategize almost five times as fast."

Even I was impressed with myself for the first time in a while! 

"Wow, very complex but useful. That's why you're the best U.S. strategist I suppose," he commented. 

As a stutter of words began to escape my lips from the unexpected compliment, the announcer played the five-minute alert sound. I quickly pushed past Eraserhead, poured a cup of coffee, and snagged a corn muffin, "I have to bring this to him before we start! I'm so sorry, but I'll see you this afternoon?"

He nodded and waved. I ran back to where the large crowd was asking Justice questions earlier but couldn't find him anywhere.

I began panicking when I felt a heavy hand on my shoulder. "Rae, you made it with the coffee on time!"

I handed it to Justice with a mutter.

After a large sip, he looked at me worried, "Your quirk's side effects are getting worse. Are you okay? Don't panic. You got back on time, and I'm not upset. Promise!"

I looked up as he smiled. I nodded and headed into the large conference room where the introductions were being done for the morning. I sat nervously, the pit in my stomach getting wider. Why?

I tried to distract myself and looked up as the event's MC and dignitaries familiarized the crowd with their titles and why they are honored to be present. Still, I couldn't shake the anxiety; this damned quirk is going to get the best of me one day.